QUESTION - Largest media used with 300D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BD, May 2, 2006.

  1. BD

    BD Guest

    Hi, all.

    I have a Rebel 300D.

    I bought a 5GB MicroDrive some time ago, and found that my camera will
    only fill about 70% of it, and then it will crap out completely - it
    will start writing zero-byte files, which causes the camera to reboot
    when going to preview the files. Another guy with a Rebel found the
    same thing with this drive, so the problem is not my specific camera.
    Could be the model, could be the media...

    Solid State CF cards are coming down in price, and I am considering
    getting a 4GB high-speed Sandisk CF card.

    But since I haven't really worked out the cause of the problem, I am
    not 100% sure that my camera will successfully write to the full 4GB.

    Anyone out there used a 4GB CF with a 300D and filled it completely???

    Thanks!

    BD

    BD, May 2, 2006

  2. BD

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 2 May 2006 09:27:03 -0700, "BD" <> wrote:

    >Hi, all.
    >
    >I have a Rebel 300D.
    >
    >I bought a 5GB MicroDrive some time ago, and found that my camera will
    >only fill about 70% of it, and then it will crap out completely - it
    >will start writing zero-byte files, which causes the camera to reboot
    >when going to preview the files. Another guy with a Rebel found the
    >same thing with this drive, so the problem is not my specific camera.
    >Could be the model, could be the media...
    >
    >Solid State CF cards are coming down in price, and I am considering
    >getting a 4GB high-speed Sandisk CF card.
    >
    >But since I haven't really worked out the cause of the problem, I am
    >not 100% sure that my camera will successfully write to the full 4GB.
    >
    >Anyone out there used a 4GB CF with a 300D and filled it completely???
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >BD

    While I have not used a 4GB card with my DRebel, I have a friend with
    a D60, and he uses a 4GB card in that, so I am pretty sure the DRebel
    will handle it too.

    But, I'll be selling my DRebel soon (I just ordered a 30D), so I won't
    know first hand.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"