Question in Local Area Connection in XP

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Tom, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    This is one of the questions from WinXp(70-270) that i juz
    taken.. lol.

    P.s: i passed.. :)

    My office use DHCP
    >service to assign network configurations, so the network

    setting under the
    >local area connection is pretty easy and just check

    the "Assign IP address
    >automatically". However, if I travel to another office

    which do not have
    >DHCP service and I will have to key in the IP, subnet

    mask, default gateway
    >and DNS addresss manually every time. Is it possible for

    me to save these
    >settings, so I don't need to key in these information

    every time when I
    >travel to other office? Or is it possible to setup 2

    local area connection
    >with 2 different settings? One for the head quarter with

    DHCP service and
    >one with the settings for the branch office? I would

    really help if XP could

    Tom, Aug 21, 2003