    do that, so I don't have the make changes all the time.

    Thank you very much.

    Billy
    Bay, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Use the 'alternate configuration' tab on TCP/IP properties page on the
    connection.

    --
    Tom Helms

    newsgroup purposes only."

    "Bay" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a question regarding the network settings in XP. My office use

    DHCP
    > service to assign network configurations, so the network setting under the
    > local area connection is pretty easy and just check the "Assign IP address
    > automatically". However, if I travel to another office which do not have
    > DHCP service and I will have to key in the IP, subnet mask, default

    gateway
    > and DNS addresss manually every time. Is it possible for me to save these
    > settings, so I don't need to key in these information every time when I
    > travel to other office? Or is it possible to setup 2 local area

    connection
    > with 2 different settings? One for the head quarter with DHCP service and
    > one with the settings for the branch office? I would really help if XP

    could

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Aug 17, 2003

  3. Bay

    Bay Guest

    I just checked it and I saw it. Cool! Can I do it for a couple of remote
    offices? I have 3 more offices network settings that I would like to save.
    Thanks

    Billy

    "Tom Helms [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Use the 'alternate configuration' tab on TCP/IP properties page on the
    > connection.
    >
    > --
    > Tom Helms

    rights.

    Bay, Aug 17, 2003
  4. It can only be used for 2 configurations--1 for static IP configurations and
    1 for DHCP-assigned IP configurations.

    --
    Tom Helms

    newsgroup purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Aug 17, 2003
  5. Bay

    Nigel Guest

    Hello

    I am an expert on this issue and I spent some time looking
    into how best to resolve this issue of many locations for
    a machine, Ie some body walking about many sites "laptop".

    You can create a snap shot with a command line tool and
    implement a shortcut icon on your desktop to swtich
    between two or many locations, just click your shortcut
    and it dumps the snap shot of your network configuration
    into the presently working network config.

    Go do a search on the cmd tool and figure the workings of
    it out, I done it on my last laptop..

    The only problem with answer mentioned above is that it
    takes some time to implement the alternative config, my
    answer is better.

    Cheers

    confers no rights.

    Nigel, Aug 18, 2003