    Does anyone know how to do that?

    Thanks in advance.

    Ben

    Ben, Mar 28, 2008

  2. One method is to open Windows Explorer and navigate to documents and
    settings\owner\favorites and drag the contents (holding the CTRL Key so a
    copy is made) to the destination drive ...

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 28, 2008

  3. Ben

    Tee Jay Guest

    Ben wrote:
    > would like to back up my Favoritie website URL's, s aved as Favorites in
    > IE,
    > to a disk.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to do that?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Ben

    IE/File/Import export/Favorites to a location. Now you may copy
    bookmarks.html to anywhere you desire.
    Tee Jay

    Tee Jay, Mar 28, 2008
  4. "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > would like to back up my Favoritie website URL's, s aved as Favorites in
    > IE,
    > to a disk.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to do that?

    There is a folder on your computer called Favourites.
    Just save that.
    You need to find it first.
    If should be in the at the same level as your "my Documents" ie
    one level up from your desktop.

    Lord Turkey Cough, Apr 1, 2008
  5. Ben

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    >> would like to back up my Favoritie website URL's, s aved as Favorites in
    >> IE,
    >> to a disk.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how to do that?
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Ben

    When I want to put them on a different computer I open IE, click file, click
    import export, the wizard opens, click next, click export favorites from the
    menu and choose where you want to save them. This is then a file you can put
    on a disk, flash drive, or whatever you want. I use jump (flash) drives. I
    load this file into the my documents of the new computer, open IE, this time
    click import favorites, it will ask where to get them, click the place you
    put them, like from my documents, and you now have the same favorites on the
    new machine, set up just like your old one.
    Moderation is for monks."
    [Lazarus Long]

    Alex Clayton, Apr 2, 2008
  6. "Alex Clayton" <> wrote in message
    > "Ben" <> wrote in message
    >>> would like to back up my Favoritie website URL's, s aved as Favorites in
    >>> IE,
    >>> to a disk.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know how to do that?
    >>> Thanks in advance.
    >>>
    >>> Ben
    >>>

    > When I want to put them on a different computer I open IE, click file,
    > click import export, the wizard opens, click next, click export favorites
    > from the menu and choose where you want to save them. This is then a file
    > you can put on a disk, flash drive, or whatever you want. I use jump
    > (flash) drives. I load this file into the my documents of the new
    > computer, open IE, this time click import favorites, it will ask where to
    > get them, click the place you put them, like from my documents, and you
    > now have the same favorites on the new machine, set up just like your old
    > one.

    Well I suppose you could do it like that.
    It is doing bacially the same thing in a roundabout way.
    Actually the way I describe does not see to work, at least not
    without either a reboot or restart of explorer.
    You see I renamed the favouries folder but it (IE) still worked
    and added a new bookmark to it.
    So I guess it is best to use the import export thing.
    I will restart explorer and see what that does!!

    Lord Turkey Cough, Apr 2, 2008
  7. "Lord Turkey Cough" <> wrote in message

    > "Alex Clayton" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ben" <> wrote in message

    >> When I want to put them on a different computer I open IE, click file,
    >> click import export, the wizard opens, click next, click export favorites
    >> from the menu and choose where you want to save them. This is then a file
    >> you can put on a disk, flash drive, or whatever you want. I use jump
    >> (flash) drives. I load this file into the my documents of the new
    >> computer, open IE, this time click import favorites, it will ask where to
    >> get them, click the place you put them, like from my documents, and you
    >> now have the same favorites on the new machine, set up just like your old
    >> one.

    > Well I suppose you could do it like that.
    > It is doing bacially the same thing in a roundabout way.
    > Actually the way I describe does not see to work, at least not
    > without either a reboot or restart of explorer.
    > You see I renamed the favouries folder but it (IE) still worked
    > and added a new bookmark to it.
    > So I guess it is best to use the import export thing.
    > I will restart explorer and see what that does!!

    Made no differnce so I think I would have to reboot to do it my way,
    and I am not sure if that would work.
    Seems windows keeps a seperate copy of this special folder,
    just to make things really hard for you.

    But, essemtialy favourites is just a folder full of links, that's all, so
    you could
    treat it like any other folder and indeed you can copy the links into
    another
    folder and they will work if u click them there.
    But essentially windows just 'gets in the way' and make things harder for
    you to do, you have to guess what that pile of shit is doing.

    Lord Turkey Cough, Apr 2, 2008