    two CALs, right? So 600 workstations * 2 CALs = 1200
    CALs. Wouldn't per device be much simpler to track? Or
    am I completely missing something here?

    Adam Leinss, Dec 9, 2003

  2. nnope,
    per user licencing mode assumes that each user that connects to a server
    must have a client licence. since there are 600 users we need 600 CAL's
    and if we use per-device mode then we assume every connecting device must
    have a CAL - thus makes 1200 CAL's
    the book is right in this case

    Andrew Lomakin, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Adam Leinss

    Adam Leinss Guest

    "Andrew Lomakin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > nnope,
    > per user licencing mode assumes that each user that connects to a server
    > must have a client licence. since there are 600 users we need 600 CAL's
    > and if we use per-device mode then we assume every connecting device must
    > have a CAL - thus makes 1200 CAL's
    > the book is right in this case

    What happens if the user tries to use both workstations at once, i.e.
    they login to run an application and then login to the other
    workstation to run another app? I do that here at work.

    Thanks,
    Adam

    Adam Leinss, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Adam Leinss

    Dave Guest

    It's still one user logging on, you can logon to multiple machines.

    Dave, Dec 10, 2003
  5. It's ok in my opinion, because it's still ONE user name that connects.

    Andrew Lomakin, Dec 11, 2003