question from mike gunderloy's 70-305

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by om, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. om

    om Guest

    Hi,

    Could someone explain the example on "using Code-behind
    with precompiling" (page 68 on que certification 70-305
    training guide by Mike gunderloy)

    the code calls for using the following command to be used
    in visual studio.net command prompt inorder to compile the
    code-behind file (TemperatureCB.vb)

    the code goes like this..

    vbc /t:library /r:c:\WINNT\Microsoft.net\Framework\v1.0.370
    5\system.dll /r:c:\Wiint\Microsoft.net\Framework\v1.0.3705
    \system.web.dll/out:bin\305c01.dll TemperatuerCB.vb

    Not able to follow the above code..
    Any explanation is appreciated..

    -om
    om, Mar 3, 2004

  2. om

    Sharmila Guest

    Hi,

    vbc :- is the name of the VB.NET compiler executable
    /t:library :- tells the compiler we want a library
    assembly
    /out:bin/305c01.dll :- tells the compiler we want the
    library in a .dll called 305c01.dll and to place the dll
    in the bin folder
    system.dll ,system.web.dll :- specified by /r -
    specifies .NET assemblies (libraries containing classes
    source file requires) as arguments to the compiler.
    TemperatuerCB.vb :- is the code behind file that we want
    compiled

    Sharmila, Mar 3, 2004