Question from Holland: VoipBuster

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by me, Sep 17, 2005.

  1. me

    me Guest

    Hi,

    I can't seem to find a good forum in Dutch on this so i try here (if you
    don't mind ;-)

    I installed voipbuster today on my PC and did some testing with a normal
    headset. Everything works fine as far as i can see now.

    I did these tests because I want my children to use it and get my phonebills
    a little lower ;-(
    As everything seems to work properly, I now want to know what to do to
    provide my children with a normal phone to use to make the calls over
    voipbuster (In daily practice it won't work if I need to place them behind
    my pc whenever they have to make a call).

    So what to buy / do?
    A usb bluetooth stick and a wireless phone????
    Please advice me to find a good working set of equipment.

    grtx,
    Hans

    me, Sep 17, 2005

  2. me

    Nick Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I can't seem to find a good forum in Dutch on this so i try here (if you
    > don't mind ;-)
    >
    > I installed voipbuster today on my PC and did some testing with a normal
    > headset. Everything works fine as far as i can see now.
    >
    > I did these tests because I want my children to use it and get my

    phonebills
    > a little lower ;-(
    > As everything seems to work properly, I now want to know what to do to
    > provide my children with a normal phone to use to make the calls over
    > voipbuster (In daily practice it won't work if I need to place them behind
    > my pc whenever they have to make a call).
    >
    > So what to buy / do?
    > A usb bluetooth stick and a wireless phone????
    > Please advice me to find a good working set of equipment.
    >
    > grtx,
    > Hans

    Assuming you have a router on you computer, the easiest
    way is to buy a device know as an "ATA". This is a box that
    connects to a port on the router. You can then connect a
    normal phone or wireless phone into the ATA. No need to
    buy any Bluetooth or IP wireless phones.
    I'd recommend products from the Grandsteam or Supura.

    Nick, Sep 17, 2005

  3. me

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    *sipura

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 17, 2005
  4. me

    Nick Guest

    "Saleh Jambo" <> wrote in message

    > *sipura

    Cheers, must put my fingers on a diet.

    Nick, Sep 17, 2005
  5. me

    me Guest

    Thanks for the answers.

    I did some searching here in Holland.
    It is in Dutch, but could this be something i need?
    I was looking at the 486:

    http://users.skynet.be/johan.janssen/janssen4all/winkel/VOIP_adapters.html

    Hans

    me, Sep 17, 2005
  6. me

    Nick Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the answers.
    >
    > I did some searching here in Holland.
    > It is in Dutch, but could this be something i need?
    > I was looking at the 486:
    >
    > http://users.skynet.be/johan.janssen/janssen4all/winkel/VOIP_adapters.html
    >
    > Hans

    Yes Hans,

    You can get more sophisticated units, but what you have selected will work.

    Nick, Sep 17, 2005
  7. me

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the answers.
    >
    > I did some searching here in Holland.
    > It is in Dutch, but could this be something i need?
    > I was looking at the 486:
    >
    > http://users.skynet.be/johan.janssen/janssen4all/winkel/VOIP_adapters.html
    >
    > Hans

    Hi Hans,

    That's the Grandstream 486 and if all you want is a single phone port then
    it will work fine. Other units like the Sipura SPA-2000
    www.sipura.com/products/spa2000.htm (I think this unit has now been
    replaced by a new model so you may find it cheap..!) give you two
    independent phone ports, which can even be with different VoIP providers
    if you wish.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 17, 2005
  8. me

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    Lots of Love

    Ivor

    xxxxxx

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 17, 2005
  9. me

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > Lots of Love
    >
    > Ivor
    >
    > xxxxxx

    I'm not biting Stefan, you're wasting your time.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 17, 2005
  10. me

    Guest

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:54:19 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Saleh Jambo" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> Lots of Love
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>
    >> xxxxxx

    >I'm not biting Stefan, you're wasting your time.
    >
    >Ivor

    But you have bitten you have replied you are just like the others all
    little kids together .

    , Sep 17, 2005
  11. me

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > But you have bitten you have replied you are just like
    > the others all little kids together .

    If that's what you choose to believe. He has to know he is no longer going
    to succeed.

    End of discussion (if you can call it that).

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 17, 2005
  12. me

    Guest

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:28:15 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >> But you have bitten you have replied you are just like
    >> the others all little kids together .

    >If that's what you choose to believe. He has to know he is no longer going
    >to succeed.
    >
    >End of discussion (if you can call it that).

    But he DID succeed but from what I have seen Stefan is right in what
    he says most of the time .

    , Sep 17, 2005
  13. me

    me Guest

    Thanks.
    I understand.
    But the cheapest SPA-2000 I found overhere was something like 40 euros more
    expensive than the 486!?!?

    And what is this with 'stefan'. Am i missing something here?

    grtx
    Hans

    me, Sep 17, 2005
  14. me

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks.
    > I understand.
    > But the cheapest SPA-2000 I found overhere was something
    > like 40 euros more expensive than the 486!?!?

    But gives you two rather than one phone ports.

    > And what is this with 'stefan'. Am i missing something
    > here?

    He's the group troll, try and ignore him. Problem is he changes usernames
    like the rest of us change facial expressions so it's hard sometimes, but
    he always uses the same IP address 81.110.218.193.

    Ivor

    PS could you post at the bottom please, thanks..!

    Ivor Jones, Sep 17, 2005
  15. me

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > If that's what you choose to believe. He has to know he is no longer going
    > to succeed.
    >
    > End of discussion (if you can call it that).

    brown is right eyevor, you bite every time, brown knows the truth about you
    and sipgate too.

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 17, 2005
  16. me

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > But he DID succeed but from what I have seen Stefan is right in what
    > he says most of the time .

    well thankyou your not the only one to say that, eyevor will disagree with
    you though and i bet you a FREE years subscription to vonage £9.99 package
    that he wont be able to resist replying or biting, fact is he loves it, it
    brightens up his day.

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 17, 2005
  17. me

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    ignore him Hans, i have been around longer than ivor jones, the fcat of the
    matter is that eyevor jones is directly connected with sipgate in a senior
    capacity in the uk, he wont admit it but throws in little bits every so
    often gloating about it,whilst he can be helpful with his postings most of
    them are in defence and supprt of sipgate which most uk users treat with
    contempt.

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 17, 2005
  18. me

    Guest

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:51:00 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >He's the group troll, try and ignore him. Problem is he changes usernames
    >like the rest of us change facial expressions so it's hard sometimes, but
    >he always uses the same IP address 81.110.218.193.

    And Ivor thinks he owns this group .
    >PS could you post at the bottom please, thanks..!

    There you go again what difference does it make top bottom or middle
    or is this another rule you have thought up for the group Ivor .

    , Sep 17, 2005
  19. me

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > > PS could you post at the bottom please, thanks..!

    > There you go again what difference does it make top
    > bottom or middle or is this another rule you have thought
    > up for the group Ivor .

    It's accepted convention in most groups.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 17, 2005
  20. me

    Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:51:00 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >>PS could you post at the bottom please, thanks..!

    > There you go again what difference does it make top bottom or middle
    > or is this another rule you have thought up for the group Ivor .

    Don't be daft, Dextor. Bottom posting is well established etiquette for
    email and usenet.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 17, 2005