Question from 70-291

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Pal, May 6, 2005.

  1. Pal

    Pal Guest

    ok let me see what choice would you guys pick here
    here is question
    You are the network administrator for xxxxxxx.com. The network consists of a
    single Active Directory domain named xxxxxxx.com. All servers run Windows
    Server 2003. All client computers run Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 or Windows XP
    Pro.

    You install Software Update Services (SUS) on a computer named X1. You
    create a GPO that configures all client computers to receive their software
    update from X1.

    One week later, you run MBSA on all client computers to find out whether all
    updates are being applied. You discover that all of the Win 2000 Pro client
    computer receive updates, but the Win XP Pro client computers do not receive
    updates.
    You verify that the GPO setting was applied on all Win XP Pro computers.
    You need to ensure that the Win XP Pro client computers receive their
    updates from X1.
    What should you do ?

    A) make all users of the Win XP Pro client computers members of the
    Administrators local group
    B) On all Win XP Pro client computers, install SP1
    C) On all win XP Pro client computers, restart Automatic Updates
    D) On all Win XP Pro client computers, delete the NOAUTOUPDATE Value under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU.

    my pick is B, but the study guide that i'm using their pick is A
    i pick B because scenario says that win 2000 pro clients have SP4 installed
    and XP clients doesn't says anything about service packs
    thanks
    --
    Pal
    MCP
    Pal, May 6, 2005

  2. Pal

    wongcna Guest

    Computer operating systems where Software Update Services (SUS) can be
    installed:
    a.. Windows 2000, Service Pack 2 or above.
    b.. Windows Server 2003.

    Computers where Automatic Update is already included in the operating
    system:
    a.. Windows 2000, Service Pack 3 or above.
    b.. Windows XP, Service Pack 1 or above.
    c.. Windows Server 2003.

    Computers where a separate Automatic Update client installation is
    required:
    a.. Windows 2000, Service Pack 2.
    b.. Windows XP, no Service Pack.

    Therefore, I think Answer B is correct.

    Without GPO, you can configure the registry to force the client machine to
    update with the SUS server.

    Hope it can help.

    @___@!

    wongcna, May 6, 2005

  3. Pal

    pennino Guest

    >A) make all users of the Win XP Pro client computers

    members of the
    >Administrators local group
    >B) On all Win XP Pro client computers, install SP1
    >C) On all win XP Pro client computers, restart Automatic

    Updates
    >D) On all Win XP Pro client computers, delete the

    NOAUTOUPDATE Value under
    >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Wi

    ndowsUpdate\AU.

    >my pick is B, but the study guide that i'm using their

    pick is A

    A) is criminal. :)

    The real correct answer would be, IMHO, to install the
    Windows Update Client:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/recommended
    /susclient/default.asp

    Given that this answer is not available, B) is the
    correct choice because Windows XP Service Pack 1 and
    above already comes with the updated client.

    Bye,
    pennino, May 6, 2005
  4. Pal

    T-Bone Guest

    "Pal" <> wrote
    > my pick is B, but the study guide that i'm using their pick is A

    You are right, A is totally wrong. What study guide are you using? If you
    look there's probably an errata posted somewhere for it.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, May 6, 2005
  5. Pal

    Pal Guest

    testking study guide
    --
    Pal
    MCP

    Pal, May 6, 2005
  6. Pal

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Pal" <> wrote in message
    > testking study guide
    > --
    > Pal
    > MCP

    'A' is definitely the correct answer. good luck on the exam.

    a$$fcuker.

    steve.
    molsonexpert, May 6, 2005
  7. Pal

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    Pal <> rambled:

    > testking study guide

    That's what I frickin thought when you x'ed out the domain name, but I
    didn't want to jump to conclusions. You, sir, are a cheat and a fraud.
    Please stop studying for your certifications and jump off the nearest
    bridge.

    Thank you.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768's "power of twos" decree prompted me to say this:
    "www.mcngp.com."
    Briscobar, May 6, 2005
  8. Pal

    T-Bone Guest

    "NoPal O'mine" <> wrote
    > testking study guide

    That's what I thought. It also explain why they have the wrong answer.

    Not only are you stupid enough to think that you have to cheat, but even
    more that you hide the domain name, then publically admit it.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, May 6, 2005
  9. Pal

    Pal Guest

    so that means when you alreadu know what i'm talking about that you used same
    stuff to study. i guess you can come with me and jump

    --
    Pal
    MCP

    Pal, May 6, 2005
  10. Pal

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, =?Utf-8?B?UGFs?= expostulated for
    all the world to hear;

    > so that means when you alreadu know what i'm talking about that you
    > used same stuff to study. i guess you can come with me and jump

    Hardly. It just means that there has never been a shortage of brain-dead
    lusers like you posting their crap in here.

    And you knew it, too, or you wouldn't have originally xxx'd out the name.
    That makes it even worse. You can't claim ignorance.

    A.s.s.f.u.c.k.e.r.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, May 6, 2005
  11. Pal

    Pal Guest

    how the heck are you cheating if you using theire guides to study. what i
    can't test myself by using theire stuff. at the end we all look for different
    ways to get prep for test, it doesn't matter if you using Microsoft Press,
    Transcender, Testking or any other that are out there when you walk into that
    test room it is only you, camera and what you have in your head.
    i came here to ask other people what they would pick as they choice not to
    read some BS about what am i using as my study.
    --
    Pal
    MCP

    Pal, May 6, 2005
  12. Pal

    James Guest

    Are you really that stupid
    Actual exam questions = testking
    testking = actual exam questions

    There is a huge difference between practice questions and actual questions.

    Going into an exam when you now all the answers is not studying, its
    cheating.

    Why don't you tell MS that your using testking to 'study', and see if they
    mind?

    You may think there is no difference, but I think going into a test having
    the answer key memorized is cheating.

    James, May 6, 2005
  13. Pal

    Pal Guest

    there are 370 question(for 70-291) there is now way in hell to memorize them
    all, do we know what question we'll get on test NO, does microsoft change
    question all the time yes. and for 70-290 there are over 400 questions

    --
    Pal
    MCP

    Pal, May 7, 2005
  14. Pal

    Chris Nowak Guest

    I don't know about that... The CramMaster for 70-291 that I used has 387
    questions in it.

    I spent a couple hours every evening for a week working through the
    questions after having read the book.

    By the time I made it through the third round of drills, I was answering all
    the questions by recognizing the first couple words in an individual answer.
    (You can't just remember a,b,c,d, because they randomize the choices
    ordering to try to trip up memorization a little.)

    Clearly, I had come to memorize the questions to the extent necessary to
    pass a test based on them... I was answering them all correctly without
    even reading them.

    Chris

    On 5/7/05 7:42 AM, in article
    , "Pal"

    Chris Nowak, May 8, 2005
  15. Pal

    T-Bone Guest

    "Pal" <> wrote
    > there are 370 question(for 70-291) there is now way in hell to memorize

    them
    > all, do we know what question we'll get on test NO, does microsoft change
    > question all the time yes. and for 70-290 there are over 400 questions

    I'll tell you what, pal. Just mail you arguments over to my friend. His addy
    is tctips at microsoft.com. He'll be sure to make sure everything turns out
    the way it should.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, May 9, 2005
  16. Pal

    Pal Guest

    you know what i took 70-291 today and passed it not because of that testking
    study guide but because of bootcamp that i went to, because of the books that
    i got there, my golden rules and the practice test that i have.
    Chris my hut off to you but i can't do stuff like that without understanding
    what is going on. beside that i did find myself more confused by just trying
    to memorize some of the answers.
    i found MY WAY to study and practice for next test, at the end in real job
    we all have so many sources to help us with out job stuff (technet, google,
    books and so on) all that stuff you can't take with you to the test
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH 70-291
    --
    Pal
    MCP

    Pal, May 9, 2005
  17. Pal

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    Pal <> rambled:
    > you know what i took 70-291 today and passed it not because of that
    > testking study guide but because of bootcamp that i went to, because
    > of the books that i got there, my golden rules and the practice test
    > that i have.
    > Chris my hut off to you but i can't do stuff like that without
    > understanding what is going on. beside that i did find myself more
    > confused by just trying to memorize some of the answers.
    > i found MY WAY to study and practice for next test, at the end in
    > real job we all have so many sources to help us with out job stuff
    > (technet, google, books and so on) all that stuff you can't take with
    > you to the test
    > GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH 70-291

    Translation, for those who don't speak moran: (It's a prerequisite of my job
    that I be fluent)
    I took 70-291 today, and I passed. Despite what I said earlier about
    memorizing answers from TestKing, they didn't even help! What really helped
    me, though, was spending 4 days reading a book and having someone tell me
    the right answers! Nowhere in my studies did I bother to actually use the
    product; but no matter, I passed!
    Chris, my hat goes off to you for actually being able to recognize the fact
    that there comes a point in studying that it's not doing any good. I,
    unfortunately, am too stupid to realize this, and through overexposure to
    braindumps, memorized way too many questions (instead of actually learning
    the answers). But no matter, I passed!
    I found my own way to study for this exam. It consisted of braindumps and
    bootcamps, but who are you to judge me? What, do you think you're my peers
    now? Ha! Hardly! I'm better than you because I passed 70-291! Besides, what
    does it matter the method I used? I'm going to get a high paying job, and
    you'll be the ones laughing! I'll be making six figures while you're making
    20,000, and I don't even know anything! That's why I'll have to rely on my
    coworkers to cover my @ss. And there's always Google (I'm just showing off
    here, that I actually know what Google is), and other websites that will
    give me the answer when I need it. Nevermind the fact that sometimes it's
    easier to not have to rely on someone else. I don't know a damn thing, but
    I'm sure as hell a good actor! So I'll end up with the good job while you're
    too busy "reading" and "using the product". Suckers!

    GOOD LUCK PLEASE CHEAT

    --

    KB - MCNGP "FOOK YU thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    To the window! To the wall! Till the sweat drop down my
    www.mcngp.com....
    Briscobar, May 9, 2005
  18. Pal

    T-Bone Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote
    > Translation, for those who don't speak moran: (It's a prerequisite of my

    job
    > that I be fluent)

    I think that's heading for a PotW.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, May 9, 2005
  19. Pal

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    T-Bone <reply2me@thenewsgroup> rambled:
    > "Briscobar" <> wrote
    >> Translation, for those who don't speak moran: (It's a prerequisite
    >> of my job that I be fluent)

    > I think that's heading for a PotW.

    ....and Pal should be nominated for an inter-week TotW (he's encompassed last
    week and this week). Or Moran otW. Or Arschefricker otW. Or whatever title
    we have that will fully express how much of a tool this guy is.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Be the lucky 12th customer to visit www.mcngp.com, and you can win a