    Just wondering how much it annoys you that the Star Wars box is being
    released in both FS & WS.

    Isn't Lucas a big afficionado of WS? Or am I confusing him with Spielberg?
    Shinner, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Shinner

    mycroft Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns95696C6D0D886shinnerearthlinknet@207.69.189.196...
    > Just wondering how much it annoys you that the Star Wars box is being
    > released in both FS & WS.
    >
    > Isn't Lucas a big afficionado of WS? Or am I confusing him with Spielberg?

    Because there are still neo-luddites out there who whine about the black
    bands.
    mycroft, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    "mycroft" <> wrote in news:_Ti3d.6862$mb6.4964
    @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > Because there are still neo-luddites out there who whine about the black
    > bands.

    I'm not a FS fan at all but I get a kick out of it when people go off every
    time a movie is released in both formats.
    Shinner, Sep 19, 2004
  4. >Just wondering how much it annoys you that the Star Wars box is being
    >released in both FS & WS.

    It doesn't bother me at all.

    So much for your efforts to incite a flame war, or at least with me. -
    Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Shinner

    Jay G. Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote ...
    > "mycroft" <> wrote in news:_Ti3d.6862$mb6.4964
    > @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
    >
    > > Because there are still neo-luddites out there who whine about the black
    > > bands.

    > I'm not a FS fan at all but I get a kick out of it when people go off

    every
    > time a movie is released in both formats.

    So you're admitting your original post was a troll intended to try and bait
    a WS "zealot" into a rant. Get a life dude.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Sep 20, 2004
  6. Shinner

    idlethinker Guest

    Shinner <> wrote in message news:<Xns95698D5E8F5FDshinnerearthlinknet@207.69.189.192>...
    > "mycroft" <> wrote in news:_Ti3d.6862$mb6.4964
    > @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
    >
    > > Because there are still neo-luddites out there who whine about the black
    > > bands.

    > I'm not a FS fan at all but I get a kick out of it when people go off every
    > time a movie is released in both formats.

    I'm still upset that Remo Williams was released in only fullscreen
    format. Com'on MGM...where's the love? Release this movie in
    Widescreen!

    -idltthinker
    "refuses to purchase fullscreen movies"
    www.wizardneedsfoodbadly.com
    idlethinker, Sep 20, 2004
  7. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    (LASERandDVDfan) wrote in

    > It doesn't bother me at all.
    >
    > So much for your efforts to incite a flame war, or at least with me. -
    > Reinhart

    Wasn't trying to incite a flame war at all...was just wondering if it
    bothered anyone in regard to Star Wars since people seem to get annoyed by
    far less "important" titles. In fact, I'm surprised I got in a question
    about it before someone did gripe about it not being a ws-only release.
    Shinner, Sep 20, 2004
  8. Couldn't care less, as long as widescreen is available to me.

    mike

    Michael Rogers, Sep 20, 2004
  9. Shinner wrote:
    > Just wondering how much it annoys you that the Star Wars box is being
    > released in both FS & WS.
    >
    > Isn't Lucas a big afficionado of WS? Or am I confusing him with
    > Spielberg?

    Personally I'm laughing at anyone who thinks that the P&S version is
    "the whole movie." Oh well, the WS is going to outsell the P&S by
    far so I'm not worried at all.

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    TNAImpact.com Admin
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Sep 20, 2004
  10. Shinner

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Shinner, says...
    > Isn't Lucas a big afficionado of WS?

    As far as I can tell, he's a big afficionado of $$$$$$, and that's about
    it.
    Mark Spatny, Sep 20, 2004
  11. Shinner

    T Guest

    Shinner wrote:
    > Just wondering how much it annoys you that the Star Wars box is being
    > released in both FS & WS.
    >
    > Isn't Lucas a big afficionado of WS? Or am I confusing him with Spielberg?

    Don't care, as long as it's not non-widescreen only.

    TBerk
    T, Sep 20, 2004
  12. Shinner

    Eric R. Guest

    (idlethinker) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Com'on MGM...where's the love?

    I think MGM has much bigger problems to worry about at this point.

    -Eric
    Eric R., Sep 20, 2004
  13. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Michael Rogers <> wrote in news:414E484D.8E3E8A01
    @rochester.rr.com:

    > Couldn't care less, as long as widescreen is available to me.

    that's my feeling exactly...though the topic has been argued here many
    times. and it usually happens when some big release occurs. also I thought
    people might be pissed because I thought Lucas was a big ws supporter, but
    as I said before, I think I probably confused him with spielberg.
    Shinner, Sep 20, 2004
  14. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Mark Spatny <> wrote in

    > As far as I can tell, he's a big afficionado of $$$$$$, and that's about
    > it.

    no doubt there :)

    (I haven't decided if I'll buy this set or not because you know there will
    be re-releases in the future. might wait until xmas and see if any better
    deals come along)
    Shinner, Sep 20, 2004
  15. Shinner

    Autodidact Guest

    > Personally I'm laughing at anyone who thinks that the P&S version is
    > "the whole movie." Oh well, the WS is going to outsell the P&S by
    > far so I'm not worried at all.

    You would think so, but it turns out most kids, being ignorant in their
    youth, prefer fullscreen movies. This wouldn't have been me, but I was an
    artistic kid.
    Autodidact, Sep 20, 2004
  16. >Wasn't trying to incite a flame war at all...

    Then I am most sorry for my assumption.

    >was just wondering if it
    >bothered anyone in regard to Star Wars since people seem to get annoyed by
    >far less "important" titles. In fact, I'm surprised I got in a question
    >about it before someone did gripe about it not being a ws-only release.

    Well, for me, I'd prefer the widescreen version.

    But, as long as a widescreen version is available, I'm happy. Even if there is
    also a fullscreen version available as well.

    At least a choice is allowed, which is why I'm not bothered at all.

    I'm only annoyed if a film I want is only available in "fullscreen" and does
    not have a OAR release available on DVD and is not expected to be available in
    the near or far future. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 20, 2004
  17. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    (LASERandDVDfan) wrote in

    > Well, for me, I'd prefer the widescreen version.

    I'm with ya all the way....and was before I got a WS tv.

    > But, as long as a widescreen version is available, I'm happy. Even if
    > there is also a fullscreen version available as well.
    > At least a choice is allowed, which is why I'm not bothered at all.

    agreed.

    > I'm only annoyed if a film I want is only available in "fullscreen"
    > and does not have a OAR release available on DVD and is not expected
    > to be available in the near or far future.

    We're 3 for 3 :)

    I sorta phrased my initial post wrong now that I think about it....it was
    more of a comment on being surprised that no one had posted a "imagine how
    much Lucas could have furthered the WS only cause" sort of post. I think
    this will definitely be a set, that people who prefer FS, would have bought
    if it were released only in WS. I don't know how many other movies you can
    say that about.

    I think most of the FS crowd are probably families and geezers (FS better
    for their eyesight yadda yadda yadda)...the SW trilogy is pretty family
    friendly. Mighta got a few converts out of this one.
    Shinner, Sep 20, 2004
  18. Shinner

    jayembee Guest

    "Autodidact" <> wrote:

    >> Personally I'm laughing at anyone who thinks that the P&S version is
    >> "the whole movie." Oh well, the WS is going to outsell the P&S by
    >> far so I'm not worried at all.

    > You would think so, but it turns out most kids, being ignorant in their
    > youth, prefer fullscreen movies. This wouldn't have been me, but I was an
    > artistic kid.

    Anecdotal evidence suggests the opposite. Kids are very flexible, and
    don't have a problem with widescreen. It's the *parents* that get bent
    out of shape.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 20, 2004
  19. Shinner

    Smaug69 Guest

    (Eric R.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (idlethinker) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > Com'on MGM...where's the love?

    > I think MGM has much bigger problems to worry about at this point.

    Yeah, like trying to survive as a separate studio. Does anyone else
    think that MGM will be rolled into Sony Pictures Entertainment? That
    use to be called Columbia Pictures, btw.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Sep 20, 2004
  20. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    jayembee <> wrote in

    > Anecdotal evidence suggests the opposite. Kids are very flexible, and
    > don't have a problem with widescreen. It's the *parents* that get bent
    > out of shape.

    I agree but for a slightly diff reason....today's kids have been exposed
    more to WS in the home versus the older gen. They've watched decades of FS
    and are too stubborn to accept anything else.
    Shinner, Sep 20, 2004