Question for the group

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by LJThomas1227, Jun 13, 2004.

  1. LJThomas1227

    LJThomas1227 Guest

    Thank you, usenet citizens, for opening my post. Hopefully, you will
    read, understand, and give some advice on this troubling dilemma I came
    across.

    The other day, as I was walking to the local grocery store, I ran into
    a man with seven wives. No, they weren't carrying sacks of cats and
    kits, but they were each carrying a small handbag. Each handbag was a
    different color, and each handbag matched the dresses, shoes and
    hairbands the women were wearing. As I stood there staring with mouth
    gaping open, it dawned on me that the man had color-coded his wives.

    I watched the man walk past without commenting on this hideously
    demeaning treatment of these women. My question to you, dear
    usenetters, is if I see this man again, should I speak my mind and let
    him know how detrimental this behavior is to our society as a whole?

    The moral indignation placed upon these women haunts me to this day.

    Anyway, so how have you all been? It's been a long time since I've
    been around. Here's to hoping you've all been doing well. :)

    --

    ~^O^~

    A lot has been said about politics; some of it complimentary, but most
    of it accurate.
    ---Eric Idle

    LJThomas1227, Jun 13, 2004

  2. LJThomas1227 <> quit loving on the ButtMonkey
    of Paradise long enough to tell us:

    > My question to you, dear
    > usenetters, is if I see this man again, should I speak my mind and let
    > him know how detrimental this behavior is to our society as a whole?

    shit just let it go. There's a lot of shit like that going on and much to
    everyone's surprise, the women involved usually aren't bothered by it. What
    you see as demeaning is just another person's way of life.

    --
    A.M.A.N.I.T.A.:
    Artificial Mechanical Android Normally for Infiltration and Terran

    Amanita, Private Dancer, Jun 13, 2004

  3. "LJThomas1227" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you, usenet citizens, for opening my post. Hopefully, you

    will
    > read, understand, and give some advice on this troubling dilemma I

    came
    > across.
    >
    > The other day, as I was walking to the local grocery store, I ran

    into
    > a man with seven wives. No, they weren't carrying sacks of cats and
    > kits, but they were each carrying a small handbag. Each handbag was

    > different color, and each handbag matched the dresses, shoes and
    > hairbands the women were wearing. As I stood there staring with

    mouth
    > gaping open, it dawned on me that the man had color-coded his wives.
    >
    > I watched the man walk past without commenting on this hideously
    > demeaning treatment of these women. My question to you, dear
    > usenetters, is if I see this man again, should I speak my mind and

    let
    > him know how detrimental this behavior is to our society as a whole?
    >
    > The moral indignation placed upon these women haunts me to this day.
    >
    > Anyway, so how have you all been? It's been a long time since I've
    > been around. Here's to hoping you've all been doing well. :)

    Wow, seven mothers-in-law! It doesn't get much worse than that.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jun 13, 2004
  4. LJThomas1227

    Jack H. Guest

    > Thank you, usenet citizens, for opening my post. Hopefully, you will
    > read, understand, and give some advice on this troubling dilemma I came
    > across.
    >
    > The other day, as I was walking to the local grocery store, I ran into
    > a man with seven wives. No, they weren't carrying sacks of cats and
    > kits, but they were each carrying a small handbag. Each handbag was a
    > different color, and each handbag matched the dresses, shoes and
    > hairbands the women were wearing. As I stood there staring with mouth
    > gaping open, it dawned on me that the man had color-coded his wives.
    >
    > I watched the man walk past without commenting on this hideously
    > demeaning treatment of these women. My question to you, dear
    > usenetters, is if I see this man again, should I speak my mind and let
    > him know how detrimental this behavior is to our society as a whole?
    >
    > The moral indignation placed upon these women haunts me to this day.
    >
    > Anyway, so how have you all been? It's been a long time since I've
    > been around. Here's to hoping you've all been doing well. :)

    Who are you to comment on the rituals and customs of another culture?
    I mean in here it is ok, but be respectful of another person's rights is all
    I am saying.

    > --
    >
    > ~^O^~
    >
    > A lot has been said about politics; some of it complimentary, but most
    > of it accurate.
    > ---Eric Idle

    Howm Gone J

    Jack H., Jun 13, 2004