    that.

    Thanks in advance
    Ed

    Jackof-the-Dust, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Jackof-the-Dust

    Ed E. Guest

    Why bother Ron with something that can be replaced with a newer $20 reader?
    I think he has better things to do than be the technical support for any and
    all Kodak products.

    Ed E., Oct 27, 2003

  3. Jackof-the-Dust

    Kev Richards Guest

    have you tried the latest driver version 1.13
    get it here
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/serv...nlanguage=english&operating_system=Windows 98
    or unless you really need USB 2.0 switch to USB 1.0 in the bios
    also USB ports are prone to power problems
    make sure your not overloading the port with a conbination of other devices

    hope this helps

    Kev Richards, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Jackof-the-Dust

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Jack,

    I would say that the easiest and quickest solution to your situation is try
    installing the PCI Card to see if that resolves the issue.

    If not, and I am glad to help further, can you tell me more about what is
    happening when you try to install? How far can you get - does it actually
    try to find the drivers? It is possible to point the system to the CD you
    have in the following folder.

    c:\ProgramFiles\Kodak\040A_5005

    This folder should have the drivers for your reader. You can try pointing
    the driver update wizard to the folder, but the .inf file should have
    installed to the Windows \inf folder. Check out this option, might work.

    Let me know how you make out. We can move on from your report.

    Talk to you soon, Jack,

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Oct 28, 2003