Question for NOD32 users

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by What's in a Name?, Apr 5, 2007.

  1. After much thought,Jarhead came up with this jewel:

    > Cannot get virus database downloads to work.

    Have you updated Nod32 to the latest and greatest?
    Try turning off Zone before download.

    max
    --
    Virus Removal Instructions http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    Keeping Windows Clean http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/keepingclean.html

    What's in a Name?, Apr 5, 2007

  2. What's in a Name?

    Jarhead Guest

    Cannot get virus database downloads to work. Their support people are
    stuck on the same record as OEM folks. (Uninstall and and Reinstall.) By
    checking NONE for internet connection I can see ZoneAlarm and my
    Wireless modem show traffic when I click on the Download Now button.
    But, still no downloads. By switching from automatic to manual updates I
    get a popup saying that a new DB is available. Clicking on the yes
    button makes the popup go away, but nothing is downloaded.

    The Wilderssecurity NOD32 forum has not provided an answer either. Has
    anyone else experienced this problem?

    --
    Jarhead

    Jarhead, Apr 5, 2007

  3. What's in a Name?

    Guest

    "Jarhead" <> wrote:

    >Cannot get virus database downloads to work. Their support people are
    >stuck on the same record as OEM folks. (Uninstall and and Reinstall.) By
    >checking NONE for internet connection I can see ZoneAlarm and my
    >Wireless modem show traffic when I click on the Download Now button.
    >But, still no downloads. By switching from automatic to manual updates I
    >get a popup saying that a new DB is available. Clicking on the yes
    >button makes the popup go away, but nothing is downloaded.
    >
    >The Wilderssecurity NOD32 forum has not provided an answer either. Has
    >anyone else experienced this problem?

    Do you have Balloon tips turned off?
    http://www.shakespeare-literature.com/Hamlet/8.html
    do the opposite to turn on. (for XP)

    That's how I'm told I've been updated, balloon tip pops up.

    --
    http://www.onahorse.com/

    , Apr 5, 2007
  4. What's in a Name?