    cannot do so, following exactly the steps they suggest. are they
    mistaken or am i missing something? i cannot find a WB adjust anywhere.
    , Aug 15, 2006

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > on pg.83, it tells you how to fine tune all the WB setting by sliding a
    > rule on a red/blue scale. i have tried to access that setting and
    > cannot do so, following exactly the steps they suggest. are they
    > mistaken or am i missing something? i cannot find a WB adjust anywhere.

    I'm not a FZ30 owner, but not having the required experience has never
    stopped me before... (O;

    I would suggest that this function is *only* available in some modes,
    and almost certainly isn't available in fully Auto mode.. Ie, try A,
    S, M, or P modes as available/applicable.
    , Aug 15, 2006

  3. Guest

    wrote:

    > I would suggest that this function is *only* available in some modes,
    > and almost certainly isn't available in fully Auto mode.. Ie, try A,
    > S, M, or P modes as available/applicable.

    no luck. i only use A or P, but that function doesn't pull up in any
    mode.
    thx
    , Aug 15, 2006
  4. Guest

    wrote:
    > no luck. i only use A or P, but that function doesn't pull up in any
    > mode.
    > thx

    Probably no help, but Imaging Resource says:
    "You can fine-tune the white balance by adding more red or blue to the
    color balance in all of the modes except Auto, using the WB Adjust
    feature (accessed by pressing the up arrow of the arrow pad until WB
    Adjust appears on the LCD monitor)."

    The only other things I can suggest - are you shooting in some sort of
    RAW only mode? That also might disable the setting.

    Otherwise, await another FZ30 owner and ignore me.. (O:
    , Aug 15, 2006
  5. Guest

    believe it or not,,,you helped and i found it. the wording in the
    manual is HORRID, and it implies that i must get into the wb settings
    through the menu,,FIRST and then hit the ^. after reading what you
    quoted, it dawned on me to try the ^ without going into the color
    menus.

    thanks

    wrote:

    > Probably no help, but Imaging Resource says:
    > "You can fine-tune the white balance by adding more red or blue to the
    > color balance in all of the modes except Auto, using the WB Adjust
    > feature (accessed by pressing the up arrow of the arrow pad until WB
    > Adjust appears on the LCD monitor)."
    >
    > The only other things I can suggest - are you shooting in some sort of
    > RAW only mode? That also might disable the setting.
    >
    > Otherwise, await another FZ30 owner and ignore me.. (O:
    , Aug 16, 2006
  6. Guest

    wrote:
    > believe it or not,,,you helped and i found it. the wording in the
    > manual is HORRID, and it implies that i must get into the wb settings
    > through the menu,,FIRST and then hit the ^. after reading what you
    > quoted, it dawned on me to try the ^ without going into the color
    > menus.

    heheh -don't you hate it when the solution is a simpler approach!
    Happens to me all the time...

    > thanks

    glad to be of service (O:
    , Aug 16, 2006
  7. Guest

    wrote:

    > heheh -don't you hate it when the solution is a simpler approach!
    > Happens to me all the time...
    >
    > > thanks

    > glad to be of service (O:

    i hate it more that "they" don't realize the simple approach is better.
    , Aug 16, 2006
  8. wrote:
    > believe it or not,,,you helped and i found it. the wording in the
    > manual is HORRID, and it implies that i must get into the wb settings
    > through the menu,,FIRST and then hit the ^. after reading what you
    > quoted, it dawned on me to try the ^ without going into the color
    > menus.
    >
    > thanks
    >

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Probably no help, but Imaging Resource says:
    >> "You can fine-tune the white balance by adding more red or blue to
    >> the color balance in all of the modes except Auto, using the WB
    >> Adjust feature (accessed by pressing the up arrow of the arrow pad
    >> until WB Adjust appears on the LCD monitor)."
    >>
    >> The only other things I can suggest - are you shooting in some sort
    >> of RAW only mode? That also might disable the setting.
    >>
    >> Otherwise, await another FZ30 owner and ignore me.. (O:

    Had the same problem with my FZ20. It took about 3 months of reading and
    re-reading the manual to find this one. I have re-written the manual in the
    sort of English that I can understand. Would suggest you do the same!

    The "up" arrow on the back has several functions and small diagramatic
    icon(s) which I am trying to learn. Maybe in a few year's time I will be
    able to remember them!

    Dennis.
    Dennis Pogson, Aug 16, 2006
  9. Dennis Pogson wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> believe it or not,,,you helped and i found it. the wording in the
    >> manual is HORRID, and it implies that i must get into the wb settings
    >> through the menu,,FIRST and then hit the ^. after reading what you
    >> quoted, it dawned on me to try the ^ without going into the color
    >> menus.
    >>
    >> thanks

    Just a tip. You can find the operation of most digital cameras better
    described in one of Dave Etchell's excellent reviews, e.g.-

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ30/FZ30A9.HTM

    I usually print out the relevant pages and use these in place of the
    operating manual.

    Dennis.
    Dennis Pogson, Aug 16, 2006