question for Giri

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Syd, May 11, 2006.

  1. Syd

    Syd Guest

    Giri,

    Please, tell me,

    Do you think that the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
    the self-paced kit represent the same level of in-depth of the actual (real)
    exam?

    I mean, are they at the same level (grossly) of the in-depth (grade of
    difficulty) of the real ones?

    I certainly do not expect to find "those" questions, I am talking about the
    average grade of diffuculty.

    For example: the "Self test" exam preparation questions are a little more
    difficult than those on the "prepare for the exam" section of the book. The
    "MeasureUp" self test questions are a lot more difficult.

    I do quite well with the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
    the book.
    I also do well enough with the "Self test" questions.
    I am a disaster with the "MeasureUp" test (very difficult for me, full of
    "dirty tricks" :) )

    Please, just tell me, are the questions in the "prepare for the exam"
    section of the book a proper example of the grade of difficulty of the real
    exam?

    tell me, tell me, tell me......

    :)

    Syd, May 11, 2006

  2. Syd

    CocoaNut Guest

    Nice question. I was wondering that myself.

    --CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 13, 2006

  3. Syd

    Guest

    CocoaNut wrote:

    > Nice question. I was wondering that myself.
    >
    > --CocoaNut
    >
    > "Syd" wrote:
    >
    > > Giri,
    > >
    > > Please, tell me,
    > >
    > > Do you think that the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
    > > the self-paced kit represent the same level of in-depth of the actual (real)
    > > exam?
    > >
    > > I mean, are they at the same level (grossly) of the in-depth (grade of
    > > difficulty) of the real ones?
    > >
    > > I certainly do not expect to find "those" questions, I am talking about the
    > > average grade of diffuculty.
    > >
    > > For example: the "Self test" exam preparation questions are a little more
    > > difficult than those on the "prepare for the exam" section of the book. The
    > > "MeasureUp" self test questions are a lot more difficult.
    > >
    > > I do quite well with the questions in the "Prepare for the exams" section of
    > > the book.
    > > I also do well enough with the "Self test" questions.
    > > I am a disaster with the "MeasureUp" test (very difficult for me, full of
    > > "dirty tricks" :) )
    > >
    > > Please, just tell me, are the questions in the "prepare for the exam"
    > > section of the book a proper example of the grade of difficulty of the real
    > > exam?
    > >
    > > tell me, tell me, tell me......
    > >
    > > :)
    > >

    > > Acc. to me , the questions in measure up and self-paced questions are appearing harder than they appear in the exam. But if you prepare those measure up and other things like that it will surely give a big hand at the time of your exam ,

    -Giri

    , May 18, 2006
  4. Syd

    Syd Guest

    Yes Giri, thanks
    I booked my exam for next wednsday

    if I'll fail it....I will survive (enough is enough) :) and I'll book it
    once again

    :))

    <> wrote in message

    > > Acc. to me , the questions in measure up and self-paced questions are
    > > appearing harder than they appear in the exam. But if you prepare those
    > > measure up and other things like that it will surely give a big hand at
    > > the time of your exam ,

    -Giri

    Syd, May 18, 2006
  5. Syd

    CocoaNut Guest

    Thanks, Giri,

    From what you said I think I'll just study from the questions in the book. I
    don't think I'll use MeasureUp.

    Thanks for the advice,
    CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 18, 2006
  6. Syd

    Syd Guest

    Look Cocoanut, I am not sure this is a good idea.

    Even though the tests are more difficult than the real one, there is still
    the problem that not all the details upon a question could be relate are
    present on the MS Press self paced books. The topics are all there but I
    understand that the books could not be enough to be able to answer 'every'
    question.

    So, I agree with Giri, you (we) need also other material. I suppose that the
    win xp help, the knowledge base, and the ocean of information available on
    the net should be enough.

    There are websites that offer free tests

    http://www.certquest.net/

    http://www.certtutor.net/Exams/

    I am sure can also find some more with google

    Good luck

    "CocoaNut" <> wrote in message
    Thanks, Giri,

    From what you said I think I'll just study from the questions in the book. I

    Syd, May 19, 2006
  7. Syd

    CocoaNut Guest

    Interesting point, Syd.

    Has anyone else here taken the test(s) for MCDST? If so, would you recommend
    studying from other practice tests as well as those in the official Microsoft
    Press studying kits? And if so, what practice tests would you recommend?

    Thanks,
    CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 19, 2006
  8. Syd

    Syd Guest

    Try reading the messages in the archive of this ng. You'll find a lot of
    opinions

    Syd, May 20, 2006