    So, who is right?

    Thanks,
    Harvey
    Harvey Gratt, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Harvey Gratt

    Rene Guest

    I user reddipwhip on my pussy all the time and no one every complains,
    so I think your right.

    Rene, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Harvey Gratt wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has
    > made our block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She
    > has quickly learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant
    > row".
    >
    > Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife
    > says I'm destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to
    > believe that Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and
    > feline food groups. After all, if it were harmful to her, she
    > wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her nose at the denser, richer Cool
    > Whip)!
    >
    > So, who is right?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Harvey

    Your wife.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    May 15 decadent Jehovah's witnesses eat each other's belly-button fluff
    The Old Sourdough, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    But that's a different (equally important) food group.

    Harvey Gratt, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Harvey Gratt

    Barb Guest

    Sorry .... what's "Reddi-Wip"?

    Barb, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    A light, aerated whipped cream dispensed from an aerosol can.

    Harvey Gratt, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Harvey Gratt

    Greg Guest

    How can someone compain when they're dead?

    Greg, Aug 5, 2005
  8. Harvey Gratt

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:43:54 -0500, Harvey Gratt <> wrote:

    >We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
    >block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
    >learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
    >
    >Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
    >destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
    >Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
    >After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
    >nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!

    Not so. Many cats will eat chocolate, and antifreeze, too, which *definitely*
    aren't good for them.

    Your wife is right, as far as it goes. The product contains both milk and cream,
    though in small amounts, and cats don't have the enzyme necessary to break down
    the sugar in those products. (They also lack one of the two proteins that make
    their taste buds interpret things as being sweet.) While I assume you're not
    giving the cat large amounts, she *is* eating a product that could possibly
    cause her harm under certain conditions, and certainly won't benefit her in any
    way, and which should be replaced with some sort of treat that can.

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Aug 5, 2005
  9. Harvey Gratt

    antwine Guest

    Rene:
    You are good!! You are really good!! The perfect response.
    I wish I had thought of it.

    antwine, Aug 6, 2005
  10. In news:p, Harvey Gratt
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
    and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
    placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made
    > our block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has
    > quickly learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
    >
    > Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says
    > I'm destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe
    > that Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food
    > groups. After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it
    > (thumbs up her nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!
    >
    > So, who is right?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Harvey

    Reddi-Whip has less sugar (0 carbs) and less than 1 gram of trans fat than
    Cool Whip (2 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs). So nutritionally speaking,
    Reddi-Whip is a bit better for a human and a feline. Cats cannot taste
    sugar. But if you can, I would look for something with more cream content
    to it. Here in Ohio we have a "knock off" from our local grocery store
    chain (Meijer) called "Zip Whip" that looks and tastes like Reddi-Whip.
    This has more of a creamy taste. My cat, WilyBeth, loved this stuff and
    even knew it by name ... this is how much SHE loved it. WilyBeth lived to
    be 17½ years old as an indoor cat. Usually most outdoor cats don't get to
    be 10 and indoor ones live a bit longer. According to our vet, WilyBeth
    lived to be a very old age and was very healthy even at her age, despite
    having kidney troubles. Her sister, Stormy, lived to be almost 17 before
    being put to sleep with a tumour near her lungs. I've taken very good care
    of my cats ... and if WilyBeth lived to be 17½ on eating a lot of "Zip Whip"
    then IMHO I think you're right and the cat will be fine on Reddi-Whip. But
    maybe upgrade to their Extra Creamy variety, which I just found on their
    website.

    --
    Kyle :eek:)

    $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention :)
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Aug 6, 2005
  11. In news:Xns96A9A573D81bcx25yti54op@216.196.97.131, The Old Sourdough
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
    and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
    placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > Your wife.

    Horse feathers! Read my reply and tell me the wife is right again.
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Aug 6, 2005
  12. In news:, Mara
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but
    the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it
    away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded,
    so placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > Not so. Many cats will eat chocolate, and antifreeze, too, which
    > *definitely* aren't good for them.
    >
    > Your wife is right, as far as it goes. The product contains both milk
    > and cream, though in small amounts, and cats don't have the enzyme
    > necessary to break down the sugar in those products. (They also lack
    > one of the two proteins that make their taste buds interpret things
    > as being sweet.) While I assume you're not giving the cat large
    > amounts, she *is* eating a product that could possibly cause her harm
    > under certain conditions, and certainly won't benefit her in any way,
    > and which should be replaced with some sort of treat that can.

    Well of course cat food is better than human food, that's a given! But as a
    "treat" there is nothing wrong with it. Yes, just because the cat likes it
    is no reason to give it to her. But my two kids lived to be one month shy
    of 17 and 17½ and both enjoyed their Zip-Whip, which is much like Reddi-Whip
    in nutritional value. I didn't give this to them as their "only" source of
    food, but if this is an outdoor cat I'm sure this is nothing more that a
    treat. I consulted my vet, who manufactures his own cat food and sells it
    nationally, and even he concurred with me when I told her about my Zip-Whip
    treat. The "cream" within it is just that, a treat. And the low fat and
    carb counts were better than Cool Whip.
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Aug 6, 2005
  13. Harvey Gratt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <> wrote in message
    > In news:, Mara
    > <> first attempted to communicate with pen,
    > but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain
    > washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans
    > exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    >>
    >> Not so. Many cats will eat chocolate, and antifreeze, too, which
    >> *definitely* aren't good for them.
    >>
    >> Your wife is right, as far as it goes. The product contains both milk
    >> and cream, though in small amounts, and cats don't have the enzyme
    >> necessary to break down the sugar in those products. (They also lack
    >> one of the two proteins that make their taste buds interpret things
    >> as being sweet.) While I assume you're not giving the cat large
    >> amounts, she *is* eating a product that could possibly cause her harm
    >> under certain conditions, and certainly won't benefit her in any way,
    >> and which should be replaced with some sort of treat that can.

    > Well of course cat food is better than human food, that's a given! But as
    > a "treat" there is nothing wrong with it. Yes, just because the cat likes
    > it is no reason to give it to her. But my two kids lived to be one month
    > shy of 17 and 17½ and both enjoyed their Zip-Whip, which is much like
    > Reddi-Whip in nutritional value. I didn't give this to them as their
    > "only" source of food, but if this is an outdoor cat I'm sure this is
    > nothing more that a treat. I consulted my vet, who manufactures his own
    > cat food and sells it nationally, and even he concurred with me when I
    > told her about my Zip-Whip treat. The "cream" within it is just that, a
    > treat. And the low fat and carb counts were better than Cool Whip.

    In my house I don't have cats. I have dogs. Truth is, nutritionally, they
    eat better than I do <g>! Of course, I avoid the known "bad" things -
    chocolate, onions (yes, my dogs would eat them...raw), grapes, other items
    that are poisonous/hazardous to dogs. But the treats in this house are human
    food. Carrots, apples, cheese, yogurt (blended with bannanas, peanut butter
    or strawberries, frozen, of course!) and other such yummy stuff. Guess what?
    It's good for them! But their treats are limited to small amounts, two
    treats a day. I would have no issues with Reddi-Whip or similar products
    used as treats, for cats or dogs. In fact, they'd probably love it on their
    frozen yogurt <g>
    Toolman Tim, Aug 6, 2005
  14. Blinky the Shark, Aug 6, 2005
  15. Harvey Gratt wrote:

    > We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
    > block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
    > learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".

    > Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
    > destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
    > Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
    > After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
    > nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!

    > So, who is right?

    Your wife.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 6, 2005
  16. Harvey Gratt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Barb wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry .... what's "Reddi-Wip"?

    > A poorly spelled product.
    >
    > http://www.reddi-wip.com/

    I remember the good ol' days when I used to suck that stuff right out of the
    can <g>
    Toolman Tim, Aug 6, 2005
  17. Harvey Gratt

    Old Gringo Guest

    Harvey Gratt wrote:
    > We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
    > block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
    > learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
    >
    > Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
    > destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
    > Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
    > After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
    > nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!
    >
    > So, who is right?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Harvey

    Cool Whip is a non dairy product and the cat can tell the difference
    between chemicals, weeds and the real thing. Reddi-Whip is a real
    dairy product and the cat knows that. You are right, dairy products
    will not harm the cat. The sugar might kill the poor pussy.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Aug 6, 2005
  18. Blinky the Shark, Aug 6, 2005
  19. Harvey Gratt

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> A poorly spelled product.

    >>> http://www.reddi-wip.com/

    >> I remember the good ol' days when I used to suck that stuff right out of
    >> the
    >> can <g>

    > The propellant or the product? ;)

    Just the product. I have real sweet tooth <g>
    Toolman Tim, Aug 6, 2005
  20. In news:3LUIe.2425$, Toolman Tim
    <> first attempted to communicate with
    pen, but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain
    washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans
    exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > In my house I don't have cats. I have dogs. Truth is, nutritionally,
    > they eat better than I do <g>! Of course, I avoid the known "bad"
    > things - chocolate, onions (yes, my dogs would eat them...raw),
    > grapes, other items that are poisonous/hazardous to dogs. But the
    > treats in this house are human food. Carrots, apples, cheese, yogurt
    > (blended with bannanas, peanut butter or strawberries, frozen, of
    > course!) and other such yummy stuff. Guess what? It's good for them!
    > But their treats are limited to small amounts, two treats a day. I
    > would have no issues with Reddi-Whip or similar products used as
    > treats, for cats or dogs. In fact, they'd probably love it on their
    > frozen yogurt <g>

    Smart man! Same here, except cats ... and they eat better than I do. All
    their food is all natural, no fillers or leftover parts such as from
    commercial brand foods such as Purina and such. That crap is dangerous. I
    mean, would YOU eat sawdust and beaks? That's what "fillers" are ...
    scrapings off the meat cutters' floor from chickens, pigs, cows, etc.
    Everything the cats eat is as good as or better than what we eat. But like
    you, I keep them away from things like chocolate, onions, etc. Stormy used
    to eat pineapple, WilyBeth would eat green beans and Vixen (one of my new
    cats) loves to eat almost any veggie your give her. And I don't like
    veggies at all and not many fruits either ~lol~ Thank God for vitamins and
    herbals ;-)
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Aug 6, 2005