    Carl ô¿ô Guest

    What is a multi-session DVD disc?

    Carl
    Carl ô¿ô, Jan 15, 2006

  2. A disc that was burned in multiple sessions, like a multi-session CD-R.
    Ie, you burned 2gb on friday, burned another 1gb on saturday and
    finalized it. There are now 2 sessions comprising a 3gb disc. Each time
    you add an additional session it eats up some extra TOC room, but it
    should show up as the entire 3gb on your PC.

    I usually just wait until I have an entire discs worth of data to burn
    it. Discs are so cheap that its usually not worth going back over and
    trying to burn more data to an existing disc as well.

    = numsix
    Jack (www.villagebbs.com), Jan 15, 2006

  3. Carl ô¿ô

    Carl ô¿ô Guest

    Thanks for the explanation...

    Carl

    Carl ô¿ô, Jan 16, 2006
  4. Carl ô¿ô

    Bratboy Guest

    "Carl ô¿ô" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the explanation...
    >
    > Carl
    > "Jack (www.villagebbs.com)" <> wrote in message
    >> A disc that was burned in multiple sessions, like a multi-session CD-R.
    >> Ie, you burned 2gb on friday, burned another 1gb on saturday and
    >> finalized it. There are now 2 sessions comprising a 3gb disc. Each time
    >> you add an additional session it eats up some extra TOC room, but it
    >> should show up as the entire 3gb on your PC.
    >>
    >> I usually just wait until I have an entire discs worth of data to burn
    >> it. Discs are so cheap that its usually not worth going back over and
    >> trying to burn more data to an existing disc as well.
    >>
    >> = numsix

    Also, IIRC, once you do a finalize you can't add anymore data later. It
    always seemed to me multi-session would be useful mainly for data storage
    backups than anything else.
    Bratboy, Jan 16, 2006