Question: DV-563A and PAL video

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Patrick Neve, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Patrick Neve

    Patrick Neve Guest

    Hi there, I've had a Pioneer DV-563A for about six months, and I've found
    it to be a tremendous value.

    The only hitch I've come across is in playing Pal video DVD's. FIrst of
    all, I was surprised that they would play at all, until I found out that
    it actually is supposed to convert Pal to NTSC.

    It does technically play, but not smoothly.. the picture stutters. It
    freezes momentarily about once every second. It's slight, but
    enough to render a picture unwatchable. Which is frustrating, because
    otherwise the picture looks very good. There is no such stutter in the
    audio.

    I guess what I'm hoping for is some kind of firmware or upgrade which
    could fix this.. or maybe an internal setting which I haven't been able to
    find.

    Has anyone else seen this symptom?

    THank you in advance for any advice.

    -patrick