    (In the UK)

    --
    Regards...........Ron..

    Baalrog, Apr 13, 2005

  2. Baalrog

    Bob C Guest

    Post this to uk.legal.moderated for a more focused response, but go back to
    the website and read their terms of business very carefully first.

    Bob C, Apr 13, 2005

  3. Baalrog

    MrGrumpy Guest

    If you got a confirmation of order/receipt that constitutes a contract to
    supply.
    Unless there is small print
    I believe you will find some well known companies have been caught out by
    this.

    MrGrumpy, Apr 13, 2005
  4. Baalrog

    Guest Guest

    > Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
    > offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my
    > card, reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from
    > the company stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats
    > my rights here, or do I have none!
    > (In the UK)

    Stopping the order because they "made a mistake". Yeah, that was clear
    and detailed.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2005
  5. Baalrog

    trout Guest

    Baalrog wrote:

    > Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
    > offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my
    > card, reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from
    > the company stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats
    > my rights here, or do I have none!
    > (In the UK)

    A lot will depend upon where *they* are. Read all the fine print,
    and look them up in a 'Whois', if necessary. They're presumably governed
    by *their* local laws (or lack thereof).
    --
    And watch your credit card charges like a hawk. They *could* have just
    been harvesting numbers.

    trout, Apr 13, 2005
  6. Baalrog

    Baalrog Guest

    No it was a recognised well known UK company!

    Baalrog, Apr 13, 2005
  7. Baalrog wrote:

    > Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
    > offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
    > reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
    > stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here, or
    > do I have none!
    > (In the UK)

    It depends on what kind of mistake.
    and it depends if they gave you a full refund. (including service charges)

    --

    http://www.safercomputing.com <-- your source for Internet Security with
    information on how to keep your system safe and spyware free.

    Tom - safercomputing.com, Apr 13, 2005
  8. "Baalrog" <twixer@remove this.dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
    > offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
    > reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
    > stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here,
    > or do I have none!
    > (In the UK)
    >
    > --
    > Regards...........Ron..

    Since you Brits rolled over and allowed your government to take your guns
    away, probably none;-)

    Cleburne

    Patrick Cleburne, Apr 13, 2005
  9. Baalrog

    Baalrog Guest

    Ok Ok I understand some of the jokes, But this is a legit' UK company, who
    stopped my order, refunded etc etc' all I was asking is if someone knew the
    real facts they might let me know the correct course of action..

    Baalrog, Apr 13, 2005
  10. Baalrog

    Old Gringo Guest

    Baalrog wrote:
    > Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
    > offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
    > reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
    > stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here, or
    > do I have none!
    > (In the UK)

    If the price was to low on the web site, they probably have their
    self covered for typeO's. If not, then a false advertising may come
    into the picture. In any event Good Luck.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Apr 13, 2005
  11. Baalrog

    dadiOH Guest

    Baalrog wrote:
    > Ok Ok I understand some of the jokes, But this is a legit' UK
    > company, who stopped my order, refunded etc etc' all I was asking is
    > if someone knew the real facts they might let me know the correct
    > course of action

    I had a similar thing with Dell about 18 months ago. They were offering
    a 200GB Western Digital hard drive for $226 less *TWO* $100
    rebates...final cost, $26.

    I jumped on it, paid with a credit card. Next day I got an email from
    them explaining they had goofed, that there was only one rebate and
    offered my money back. I didn't take it, wrote back explaining that it
    wasn't *my* mistake...that I had trusted such an esteemed, well known
    company as Dell...felt they should honor the offer...yada yada...

    After a couple of days I got a response from Dell saying they were going
    to honor their original offer. Presumably, they honored it for everyone
    and I suspect that was largely due to a huge onslaught of emails from
    unhappy, disappointed customers.

    IOW, from what you have said, you most certainly *do* have a cause for
    complaint and you should.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Apr 13, 2005
  12. Baalrog

    MrGrumpy Guest

    http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/calitem.cgi?file=ADV0051-1111.txt
    http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/calitem.cgi?file=ADV1011-1111.txt
    If you ordered goods, they excepted the order, then emailed you an
    Invoice/Receipt, and also debited your credit card That constitutes a
    contract to supply at the price agreed.
    If they subsequently cancel and refund, you can either go to your local
    trading standards, or buy the item elsewhere then write, NOT phone,
    requesting a refund/payment for the any difference. If they blah blah then
    simply visit your local small claims court.
    This assumes you have copies of all mail/card transactions

    MrGrumpy, Apr 13, 2005
  13. Baalrog

    MrGrumpy Guest

    The answer/facts has been posted