    is there an encryption program that will do this. i would post this to
    alt.computer.security but AOL does not carry the group. i love them so.
    Thanks

    maxwell, Oct 17, 2003

  2. >From: ojunk (maxwell)
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    >Date: 17 Oct 2003 12:01:57 GMT

    >I live in an area that just locking your doors is no longer enough, i am
    >afraid
    >that when i get home my computer would have gotten some legs and walked off
    >so
    >i have the following question.
    >i would like to encrypt the hard drive on my system and have it do the
    >following, i can activate it before shutdown and have it password prompt me
    >before startup. if it is stolen the hard drive and contents will be useless
    >the thief.
    >is there an encryption program that will do this. i would post this to
    >alt.computer.security but AOL does not carry the group. i love them so.
    >Thanks

    U.are.U Home $99
    http://www.digitalpersona.com/

    --

    - -- - -- - --
    -- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --

    I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

    caveat lector - reader beware, Oct 17, 2003

  3. maxwell

    Ben There Guest

    Ben There, Oct 19, 2003
  4. maxwell

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Ben There" <> wrote in news:fMydnZ1F6KCwtA-iRVn-
    :

    > http://rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_paranoia.shtml .

    Rinkworks' Computer Stupidities site is great. They just updated it a
    month or so ago, the last update before that was like a year before. I
    hope it becomes regularly updated, as I find it hiliarous.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 19, 2003