    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Wild Coyote, Oct 19, 2004

  2. "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have Nero 6, is there anyway to convert from PAL to NTSC when
    > burning a DVD using Nero 6?

    No.

    Ian.

    Electric Fan Club, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Wild Coyote

    DVDfanatico Guest

    I think you can get a region hacker that will work with any DVD-player at
    www.dvdidle.com

    HTH
    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On 19 Oct 2004 15:56:41 GMT, (DVDfanatico) wrote:

    >I think you can get a region hacker that will work with any DVD-player at
    >www.dvdidle.com
    >
    >HTH
    >-DVDfanatico
    >
    >>Wild Coyote
    >>Date: 10/18/2004 4:53 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >>I have Nero 6, is there anyway to convert from PAL to NTSC when
    >>burning a DVD using Nero 6?
    >>
    >>Thanks. My help files are not loaded.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>
    >>Wild Coyote
    >>wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    I emailed them. There software knocks out the region codes, but I
    don't know that it changes PAL to NTSC, which is a different format.

    Thanks for the tip though.

    Wild Coyote, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Wild Coyote

    Darkknight Guest

    why do people always confuse Region and Pal/NTSC they are nothing to do
    with each other. PAL/NTSC is the format of the video. Region is the
    particular part of the world that a DVD is marketed/locked to

    Darkknight, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Wild Coyote

    jayembee Guest

    Wild Coyote <> wrote:

    > I emailed them. There software knocks out the region codes, but I
    > don't know that it changes PAL to NTSC, which is a different format.

    Depends on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to rip a PAL DVD?
    Or just trying to burn a PAL-encoded file as an NTSC disc?

    I don't have a DVD burner, so I don't have Nero's DVD utility, but I
    do know that you can burn a PAL file as an NTSC SVCD with Nero v.5.
    That version lets you select the "encoding resolution" to PAL or NTSC.
    Selecting NTSC causes the SVCD to burn as NTSC regardless of what
    format the original file is. Perhaps Nero 6 has a similar option?

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:50:48 +0930, Darkknight
    <> wrote:

    >why do people always confuse Region and Pal/NTSC they are nothing to do
    >with each other. PAL/NTSC is the format of the video. Region is the
    >particular part of the world that a DVD is marketed/locked to
    >
    >DVDfanatico wrote:
    >
    >> I think you can get a region hacker that will work with any DVD-player at
    >> www.dvdidle.com
    >>
    >> HTH
    >> -DVDfanatico
    >>

    >>>Wild Coyote
    >>>Date: 10/18/2004 4:53 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >>>
    >>>I have Nero 6, is there anyway to convert from PAL to NTSC when
    >>>burning a DVD using Nero 6?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks. My help files are not loaded.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>>
    >>>Wild Coyote
    >>>wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    I don't know why. But, they do.

    Wild Coyote, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:24:20 GMT, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    >Wild Coyote <> wrote:
    >
    >> I emailed them. There software knocks out the region codes, but I
    >> don't know that it changes PAL to NTSC, which is a different format.

    >Depends on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to rip a PAL DVD?
    >Or just trying to burn a PAL-encoded file as an NTSC disc?
    >
    >I don't have a DVD burner, so I don't have Nero's DVD utility, but I
    >do know that you can burn a PAL file as an NTSC SVCD with Nero v.5.
    >That version lets you select the "encoding resolution" to PAL or NTSC.
    >Selecting NTSC causes the SVCD to burn as NTSC regardless of what
    >format the original file is. Perhaps Nero 6 has a similar option?
    >
    >-- jayembee

    I am trying to make a copy of a PAL DVD and when I make that copy
    convert it to NTSC. What I am thinking of trying is copying the
    contents to my hard drive and then see if I can burn from that source
    as NTSC. Unfortunately, I am a bit over my head.

    Wild Coyote, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Electric Fan Club, Oct 20, 2004