    interface?

    Its a little unclear to me at the moment?

    Thanks...Andy

    Andy Doe, Apr 22, 2009

  2. Andy Doe

    flamer Guest

    On Apr 22, 11:45 pm, "Andy Doe" <> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > quick question concerning the ip tcp adjust-mss comand. I have a C871 Box
    > which is connected through a dialer interface to the Internet. My question
    > is now on which interface do I have to bind the ip tcp adjust-mss command..
    > Does it have to be the virtual Dialer Interface or the physical fastethernet
    > interface?
    >
    > Its a little unclear to me at the moment?
    >
    > Thanks...Andy

    Physical. (fasteth)

    Flamer.

    flamer , Apr 22, 2009

  3. Andy Doe

    bod43 Guest

    On 22 Apr, 23:32, "flamer " <>
    wrote:
    > On Apr 22, 11:45 pm, "Andy Doe" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there,

    > > quick question concerning the ip tcp adjust-mss comand. I have a C871 Box
    > > which is connected through a dialer interface to the Internet. My question
    > > is now on which interface do I have to bind the ip tcp adjust-mss command.
    > > Does it have to be the virtual Dialer Interface or the physical fastethernet
    > > interface?

    > > Its a little unclear to me at the moment?

    > > Thanks...Andy

    > Physical. (fasteth)

    Hmmm. That might work. I always put it on the internal
    IP interface. e,g, VLAN1. BVI1.
    Whatever you have. I don't know the answer, however
    I cannot see how a physical L2 interface can posibly
    understand L3 commands.

    If in doubt, post config and request advice.

    bod43, Apr 23, 2009
  4. Andy Doe

    Andy Doe Guest

    >> Physical. (fasteth)

    > Hmmm. That might work. I always put it on the internal
    > IP interface. e,g, VLAN1. BVI1.
    > Whatever you have. I don't know the answer, however
    > I cannot see how a physical L2 interface can posibly
    > understand L3 commands.
    >
    > If in doubt, post config and request advice.

    Well the remark about L2 Interface makes sense to me! Internal IP Interface
    sounds good to me. In my case its a BVI so thanks
    a lot for your help.

    Best regards...Andy

    Andy Doe, Apr 23, 2009