    I checked some reviews at Amazon.com, and other people have had problems with
    this set, so I don't know if it would be worth it to try to return it again.

    Fire3Sky
    Fire3Sky, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Fire3Sky

    Aphelion Guest

    > I can deal with a half-second freeze, I just don't want to try to play it
    > five
    > years from now and find that the problem is worse.
    > I checked some reviews at Amazon.com, and other people have had problems
    > with
    > this set, so I don't know if it would be worth it to try to return it
    > again.

    Isn't it just a layer change? Why buy those shitty B5 discs anyway, they
    utterly ruin a great show.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Fire3Sky

    jayembee Guest

    (Fire3Sky) wrote:

    > I bought the Babylon 5 season four dvd set, and I returned it because the
    > fourth disc froze and skipped for about 10 seconds.
    >
    > I exchanged it for a new set, and the fourth disc of the new set also has a
    > problem where it seems to freeze for about half a second - it is not a major
    > problem, but I would like to know if it will get worse - how can you tell if a
    >s mall problem is a symptom of DVD rot?

    It's most likely the layer change.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 18, 2004
  4. jayembee <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Fire3Sky) wrote:
    >
    > > I bought the Babylon 5 season four dvd set, and I returned it because the
    > > fourth disc froze and skipped for about 10 seconds.
    > >
    > > I exchanged it for a new set, and the fourth disc of the new set also has a
    > > problem where it seems to freeze for about half a second - it is not a major
    > > problem, but I would like to know if it will get worse - how can you tell if a
    > >s mall problem is a symptom of DVD rot?

    > It's most likely the layer change.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Yeah, a couple of the Season 5 discs had a freeze at the layer change
    for me, but only on my PC with WinDVD. Played fine on my Mac with
    Apple's DVD Player.
    Mike Harrison, Oct 21, 2004