    the program.

    TIA
    CeeDub

    CeeDub, Dec 14, 2003

  2. CeeDub

    JunkMonkey Guest

    You don't say which version of Windows you are using. But for Win ME and XP
    you can select the Windows Image Acquisition option in the "Acquire Images"
    selection in the "Files" drop down menu.

    The most recent cameras and software support this "Universal" driver for the
    obvious reasons of not having to write and support a different driver for
    every camera. In the long run it will be easier for users as well, but this
    transition period IS somewhat confusing.

    If you don't have ME or XP, you will have to continue to use Zoombrowser to
    download your photos and then manually import your photos into ACDSee.
    (hint: Use the catalog function to automatically search/enter the hard drive
    for images).

    Alternately, you could upgrade to a newer OS. Let's face it, you are going
    to have to do it eventually anyway.

    JunkMonkey, Dec 14, 2003

  3. CeeDub

    CeeDub Guest

    Thank for the timely response. I am still using window 98SE on a slow
    machine and your right I need to upgrade to a newer OS.

    Thanks - CeeDub

    CeeDub, Dec 14, 2003
  4. CeeDub

    JunkMonkey Guest

    You might check the Widows support sites. I THINK I recall a version of WIA
    driver for Win 98SE being available for download. I'm not sure - I know SE
    could download and use some features designed for ME.

    JunkMonkey, Dec 14, 2003
  5. CeeDub

    Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 02:49:00 GMT, CeeDub <>
    wrote:

    >Question for all you ACDSee experts. How do I import pictures into
    >ACDSee 6.02 from a Canon A80? I don't see a plugin for this camera.
    >I tried the G2, A50 and twain plugins with no luck. What am I doing
    >wrong?
    >
    >FWIW - I have no problems with the Zoombrowser software that came with
    >the program.
    >
    >TIA
    >CeeDub

    Why do you need to use ACDSee to import images? There are 2 ways to do
    it.

    First, you can install the driver for your camera. When you attach the
    camera to your pc, look in My Computer and you will see a new drive
    letter appear. This is your camera with your pictures inside. Copy
    them to your desired location on your pc then use ACDSee to do
    whatever you want.

    Second method, if you have trouble with the above driver. Get a cheap
    card reader - they cost next to nothing now, and cheaper than a new
    OS. I got one recently for £10 / $16. Install. New drive appears, copy
    etc as above.

    MJ

    , Dec 14, 2003