Question about Weight

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michael Garcia, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is that in
    English?
    Michael Garcia, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Michael  Garcia

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:12:43 GMT, Michael Garcia wrote:
    > Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is that in
    > English?

    http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_common.htm

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Michael  Garcia

    mpg Guest

    Thanks Jim

    mpg, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Michael  Garcia

    Meat-->Plow Guest

    <>wrote:

    >Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is that in
    >English?

    24.100 kilogram [kg] equivalent to: 3.79506 stone
    Meat-->Plow, Jul 5, 2003
  5. Michael  Garcia

    °Mike° Guest

    One kilogram is 2.204622622 pounds (avoirdupois), so:

    24.1 x 2.204622622 = 53.13140519 lbs

    or 53 lbs, 2 oz.

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:12:43 GMT, in
    <vyENa.82298$>
    Michael Garcia scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jul 5, 2003
  6. Michael  Garcia

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Michael Garcia continued:

    > Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is
    > that in English?

    53 lbs.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jul 5, 2003
  7. Michael  Garcia

    anthonyberet Guest

    Michael Garcia wrote:
    > Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is
    > that in English?

    24,100 grammes.
    bounce.
    anthonyberet
    anthonyberet, Jul 5, 2003
  8. Slumpy wrote:
    >>On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:12:43 GMT, "Michael Garcia"
    >><>wrote:
    >>

    >>>Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is
    >>>that in English?
    >>>

    >>24.100 kilogram [kg] equivalent to: 3.79506 stone

    > Oh, well why didn't you say so ?

    Empirical = Lbs
    Metric = Kg
    Weird English thing = Stone

    Takes a fortnight to figure out for some.
    kill da rabbit, Jul 6, 2003
  9. Michael  Garcia

    paul s Guest

    Michael Garcia wrote:

    > Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is that in
    > English?

    I dont understand these French weights.
    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 6, 2003
  10. paul s wrote:
    > Michael Garcia wrote:
    >

    >>Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is that in
    >>English?

    > I dont understand these French weights.

    que?
    kill da rabbit, Jul 6, 2003
  11. Michael  Garcia

    PhilGreg Guest

    "Slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you

    ?" I
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Michael Garcia

    continued:

    > > Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is
    > > that in English?

    > 53 lbs.

    ==> 53.1314lbs [advp] <BG>. On the other hand, if it's goverment work
    your answer is exact<GBG>

    --
    Phil

    \\\///
    ( o o )
    --------oOOO-- ( )--OOOo------
    PhilGreg, Jul 6, 2003
  12. Michael  Garcia

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as PhilGreg continued:

    > "Slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Michael Garcia
    >> continued:
    >>
    >>> Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is
    >>> that in English?

    >> 53 lbs.

    > ==> 53.1314lbs [advp] <BG>. On the other hand, if it's goverment work
    > your answer is exact<GBG>

    Well as I did the calculation in my head without any outside help, webpages,
    etc etc I think I done pretty good.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003
  13. kill da rabbit wrote:

    > Slumpy wrote:

    >>>24.100 kilogram [kg] equivalent to: 3.79506 stone

    >> Oh, well why didn't you say so ?

    > Empirical = Lbs
    > Metric = Kg
    > Weird English thing = Stone
    >
    > Takes a fortnight to figure out for some.

    Fortnight = Another Weird English Thing

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 6, 2003
  14. Michael  Garcia

    Phil L. B. Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:04:54 GMT, paul s <> wrote:

    >Michael Garcia wrote:
    >
    >> Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is that in
    >> English?

    >I dont understand these French weights.

    You bloody englishman, its 850oz.
    Phil L. B., Jul 6, 2003
  15. Michael  Garcia

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Phil L. B. said:

    > On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:04:54 GMT, paul s <> wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is that in
    >>> English?

    >> I dont understand these French weights.

    > You bloody englishman, its 850oz.

    Kilos, ounces, it'll still take him the same time to snort it all.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware
    Brian H¹©, Jul 6, 2003
  16. Michael  Garcia

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... ilmc said:

    >> Errrrr...erm... Phil L. B. said:

    >>> You bloody englishman, its 850oz.

    >> Kilos, ounces, it'll still take him the same time to snort it all.

    > On the coke again?

    I tried snorting it once, but almost drowned.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware
    Brian H¹©, Jul 6, 2003
  17. Michael  Garcia

    ilmc Guest

    ilmc, Jul 6, 2003
  18. Michael  Garcia

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > Errrrr...erm... Phil L. B. said:

    >>> I dont understand these French weights.

    >> You bloody englishman, its 850oz.

    > Kilos, ounces, it'll still take him the same time to snort it all.

    Mmmm could do with something to give me a smiley right now myself. Unless
    you know a contract killer in the UK who does credit ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003
  19. Michael  Garcia

    Michael Guest

    In news:vyENa.82298$,
    Michael Garcia <> wrote:

    > Can someone tell me if something's weight is 24.1 kg how much is
    > that in English?

    Multiply by 2.2 (or double it and add 10%) and you'll get 53 pounds, give or
    take part of an ounce.

    If you're wondering about that big sack of BC Bud stashed in the attic,
    wonder no more: it's worth about the same as your house.

    ((U))
    Michael, Jul 6, 2003
  20. Michael  Garcia

    ilmc Guest

    Slumpy typed:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    >> Errrrr...erm... Phil L. B. said:

    >>> You bloody englishman, its 850oz.

    >> Kilos, ounces, it'll still take him the same time to snort it all.

    > Mmmm could do with something to give me a smiley right now myself.
    > Unless you know a contract killer in the UK who does credit ?

    Lost OP.
    Pity the poor Yanks. Their pints only have 16 oz
    ilmc, Jul 6, 2003