    --
    Thanks in advance

    Remove the XXX to reply

    Click, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Click

    Mike Graham Guest

    In article <3f3d66ec$0$6526$>, Click wrote:

    > I am well aware that there is a large variety of software program available
    > to stitch together a series of stills into a large panoramic picture. What
    > I was wondering just how big a problem is it when things are moving when the
    > pictures are being taken because something will have moved from the time the
    > first picture was taken to the next?

    I know a guy who is big into panoramic shots. Before he got his fisheye
    lens he used to take something like 20 shots to stitch together. He's got
    one panorama with the same person sitting in four different places. It's
    kind of cool, actually. :cool:

    Mike Graham, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Click

    Click Guest

    That's fine but if a car or boat is going by or a person or animal is moving
    then I guess the only way to fix the moving object is to use a photo editing
    program.

    Click, Aug 16, 2003
  4. "Click" <> wrote in message
    > That's fine but if a car or boat is going by or a person or animal is

    moving
    > then I guess the only way to fix the moving object is to use a photo

    editing
    > program.

    That's right, and when using a somewhat larger overlap, say 30-50%, you'll
    be able and find spots with a single occurance of the moving person/object.
    The overlaps are gradient mask blended, so the mask can be adjusted to
    in/exclude one or the other image. Sometimes the movement is mostly in one
    direction. In that case, shoot the sequential images opposing the flow
    direction (or wait till the person/object has moved away far enough).

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 16, 2003
  5. Click

    jake Guest

    In message <3f3d66ec$0$6526$>, Click
    <> writes
    >I am well aware that there is a large variety of software program available
    >to stitch together a series of stills into a large panoramic picture. What
    >I was wondering just how big a problem is it when things are moving when the
    >pictures are being taken because something will have moved from the time the
    >first picture was taken to the next?

    PhotoVista seems pretty good at handling that situation.

    I've often taken panoramas where there's been some movement in the
    overlapping portions, and PhotoVista only seems to select one of the
    objects that showed movement. i.e. No duplication on the resulting
    image.

    regards.

    --
    Jake

    jake, Aug 16, 2003
  6. Click

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Yes, it is a problem, but you'll have to live with it. There used to
    be, long long time ago, panoramic film camera that actually scanned
    slowly. You'd have to stay very still - it was like a time exposure.
    Some clever folks used to run around and appear in several places on
    pictures of groups of people, like class pictures, etc.

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Don Stauffer, Aug 16, 2003
  7. Click

    deryck lant Guest

    Re: Awesome Sony F828: Subjective prototype report

    The message <>
    from Todd Walker <> contains these words:

    > In article <>, says...
    > > Awesome camera with amazing image quality.
    > > Very low noise results.
    > > Colours much improved.
    > >

    > So where are these pictures with the amazing image quality?

    Just a subjective report. I usually find the the info given on
    a-digital-eye reliable. They are among the first to publish
    pictures. They still have a prototype camera on loan. Most of
    the preview sites only had a camera for a few hours.

    A 28mm f2 lens is going to be popular with lightweight photo
    journalists, but the camera is perilously close in cost to a
    DSLR such as your 10D.

    Deryck

    deryck lant, Aug 16, 2003
  8. Click

    JK Guest

    deryck lant wrote:

    > The message <>
    > from Todd Walker <> contains these words:
    >
    > > In article <>, says...
    > > > Awesome camera with amazing image quality.
    > > > Very low noise results.
    > > > Colours much improved.
    > > >

    > > So where are these pictures with the amazing image quality?

    > Just a subjective report. I usually find the the info given on
    > a-digital-eye reliable. They are among the first to publish
    > pictures. They still have a prototype camera on loan. Most of
    > the preview sites only had a camera for a few hours.
    >
    > A 28mm f2 lens is going to be popular with lightweight photo
    > journalists, but the camera is perilously close in cost to a
    > DSLR such as your 10D.

    Perhaps not if the list price is $1200, and the street price settles
    at around the $800 or so mark in a few months. A real price
    of $1200 will be hard to justify, especially if the 10D drops
    to under $1200 in a few months. Of course the F828 has
    a lens while the 10D doesn't come with one, however that
    is still not enough of a price difference to make up for the
    added versatility of the 10D. A 10D could be used with a 50mm
    f1.4 lens and 1600 ISO for shooting in extremely low light. It could
    also be mounted to a telescope or a microscope. It could also
    be used with a macro lens and extension tubes.

    JK, Aug 16, 2003
  9. Re: Awesome Sony F828: Subjective prototype report

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:24:32 -0400, JK <> wrote:

    >deryck lant wrote:
    >
    >> The message <>
    >> from Todd Walker <> contains these words:
    >>
    >> > In article <>, says...
    >> > >

    >> > So where are these pictures with the amazing image quality?

    >> Just a subjective report. I usually find the the info given on
    >> a-digital-eye reliable. They are among the first to publish
    >> pictures. They still have a prototype camera on loan. Most of
    >> the preview sites only had a camera for a few hours.
    >>
    >> A 28mm f2 lens is going to be popular with lightweight photo
    >> journalists, but the camera is perilously close in cost to a
    >> DSLR such as your 10D.

    >Perhaps not if the list price is $1200, and the street price settles
    >at around the $800 or so mark in a few months. A real price
    >of $1200 will be hard to justify, especially if the 10D drops
    >to under $1200 in a few months. Of course the F828 has
    >a lens while the 10D doesn't come with one, however that
    >is still not enough of a price difference to make up for the
    >added versatility of the 10D. A 10D could be used with a 50mm
    >f1.4 lens and 1600 ISO for shooting in extremely low light. It could
    >also be mounted to a telescope or a microscope. It could also
    >be used with a macro lens and extension tubes.
    >

    >> Deryck

    I thought that the 10D lacked far to many features that the Sony has, like
    Spot Meter , Image Pre-view, Histogram etc..

    I think this is problem with all DSLR's..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 17, 2003
  10. Re: Awesome Sony F828: Subjective prototype report

    Robert Mathews <> writes:

    > On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:24:32 -0400, JK <> wrote:
    >

    > >deryck lant wrote:
    > >
    > >> The message <>
    > >> from Todd Walker <> contains these words:

    > >> Just a subjective report. I usually find the the info given on
    > >> a-digital-eye reliable. They are among the first to publish
    > >> pictures. They still have a prototype camera on loan. Most of
    > >> the preview sites only had a camera for a few hours.
    > >>
    > >> A 28mm f2 lens is going to be popular with lightweight photo
    > >> journalists, but the camera is perilously close in cost to a
    > >> DSLR such as your 10D.

    > >Perhaps not if the list price is $1200, and the street price settles
    > >at around the $800 or so mark in a few months. A real price
    > >of $1200 will be hard to justify, especially if the 10D drops
    > >to under $1200 in a few months. Of course the F828 has
    > >a lens while the 10D doesn't come with one, however that
    > >is still not enough of a price difference to make up for the
    > >added versatility of the 10D. A 10D could be used with a 50mm
    > >f1.4 lens and 1600 ISO for shooting in extremely low light. It could
    > >also be mounted to a telescope or a microscope. It could also
    > >be used with a macro lens and extension tubes.

    > I thought that the 10D lacked far to many features that the Sony has, like
    > Spot Meter , Image Pre-view, Histogram etc..
    >
    > I think this is problem with all DSLR's..

    You're very wrong. The LCD preview is generally lacking on the DSLRs,
    yes (there's this mirror in the way). However, my Fuji S2, the Nikon
    D100, and the Nikon D1 all have spot meter and histogram. (I don't
    comment on the Canon models due to ignorance; maybe the 10D *does*
    lack those things, but actually I doubt my friend who owns one would
    be happy with it if it did.)
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, <>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>

    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 17, 2003
  11. Click

    Ian Burley Guest

    Re: Awesome Sony F828: Subjective prototype report

    I can't even think of a DSLR that doesn't have a spot meter mode - the 10D
    certainly has, in fact it can link the meter to any of its 7 AF points, so
    it has a multi-spot meter mode in effect. I'm sure it has a histogram
    function as well.

    Time for a re-think on the criticism I think, Robert?

    Ian

    --

    DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
    UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography

    Ian Burley, Aug 17, 2003
  12. Re: Awesome Sony F828: Subjective prototype report

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:26:29 +0100, "Ian Burley" <>
    wrote:

    >I can't even think of a DSLR that doesn't have a spot meter mode - the 10D
    >certainly has, in fact it can link the meter to any of its 7 AF points, so
    >it has a multi-spot meter mode in effect. I'm sure it has a histogram
    >function as well.
    >
    >Time for a re-think on the criticism I think, Robert?
    >
    >Ian

    No you posted NO FACTS at ALL.

    Robert Mathews, Aug 17, 2003
  13. Click

    Charlie Self Guest

    Robert Mathews writes:

    >On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:26:29 +0100, "Ian Burley" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I can't even think of a DSLR that doesn't have a spot meter mode - the 10D
    >>certainly has, in fact it can link the meter to any of its 7 AF points, so
    >>it has a multi-spot meter mode in effect. I'm sure it has a histogram
    >>function as well.
    >>
    >>Time for a re-think on the criticism I think, Robert?
    >>
    >>Ian

    >No you posted NO FACTS at ALL.

    Say what? Ah well. Maybe he thought you'd be intelligent enough to look up the
    reviews on the 10D? You're right, though: the 10D has no preview mode.Not a big
    deal for the audience it's aimed at. For DSLRs with preview modes, try the
    Olympus E10 and E20. And, yes, they are DSLRs. With preview screens, spotmeters
    and all the rest, including histograms.

    Charlie Self

    "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
    Dan Quayle

    Charlie Self, Aug 17, 2003