Question about tracing in ASP.Net (For exam 70-315)

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Abdul, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. Abdul

    Abdul Guest

    This is a question I got from one of the practice test,
    for which I think the suggested answer is wrong. Please
    let me know what you think.

    Q: You want to enable tracing in ASP.Net application. The
    application recide at the following URL
    http://srv01/app1/. you want to access the tracing
    information from your browser in your office. Which one of
    the follwing action should you take to add tracing the
    application.

    A. Add the following to the web.config
    <trace enabled="true" localonly="false">
    B. Add the following to the web.config
    <trace enabled="true" localonly="false"
    pageOutput="true">
    C. Add the following to the web.config
    <trace enabled="true" localonly="false"
    pageOutput="false">
    D. Add the following to the applications Logon.aspx file.
    <%@Pgae Trace="True" %>

    The correct answer suggested by the publisher is 'C'. But,
    I think it should be 'B'. In one way they both are true.
    Either you view it by browsing trace.axd or on the same
    page you looking at you are using a browser to view it.
    But, since they are not mentioning anything about
    trace.axd (Or a 3rd file name at all), I think what they
    meant it to view at the bottom of the page you are
    currently browsing for which you have to set
    the "pageOutput" to "true", hence answer B. Any other
    suggessions?.

    Many thanks,

    -Abdul

    Abdul, Jul 9, 2004