    want to take this test soon as possible but i want to make sure i know
    the material as well?

    Thanks

    oublier, Oct 29, 2004

  2. oublier

    Mark Guest

    Reets to you too.....if you know your stuff, the book you purches should be
    enough.

    Mark, Oct 29, 2004

  3. oublier

    G W Guest

    the upgrade won't take effect for a while.go ahead and take it

    G W, Oct 30, 2004
  4. oublier wrote:

    > reets all. I just passed my A+ cert yesterday. Now im studying for my
    > network+ but somewhat perplexed from the idea that soon they will be
    > retiring the test for the upgrade. Since there are no new objectives
    > on the comptia and site and no new books on the market that i can see.
    > I just purches excram2 network plus but im not sure if i should wait
    > or study that book. Im planning on paying and scheduling my test in
    > the next few months. Any one have any suggestions on what i can do? I
    > want to take this test soon as possible but i want to make sure i know
    > the material as well?

    You absolutely want to be prepared for the exam and know your material.

    You still have time to study for and take and pass the current exam.

    The new objectives have just recently been made public. Here, take a look:

    http://www.comptia.org/certification/network/Network2005_Objectives.pdf

    and to see the differences between 2001 and 2005 exams:

    http://www.comptia.org/certification/network/Changesfrom2001-2005.pdf

    According to the CompTIA web site, the beta will start in late November
    and run for a month (or longer, depending on participation).

    They still haven't announced a retirement date for the current exam.
    Also, they have to give the book publishers time to get new manuscripts
    together so there can be study guides published. I'd figure that you
    probably have until May/June of 2005 before the current exam retires.

    Good luck with your studies!!!

    John
    --
    John P. Dearing
    A+, Network+

    John P. Dearing, Oct 31, 2004
  5. oublier

    ap Guest

    The exam cram 2 book is one of the easiest to read. Right to the point
    information. Read it for about a week then go take the test, you will be
    fine.

    ap, Nov 1, 2004