    Since I normally use the same email, user and password combo for many of
    these sites, should I reregister with the other ones since one got hacked.
    Just wondering this would be over cautious. Thanks in advance for input.

    fruno, Oct 31, 2005

  2. fruno

    Moe Trin Guest

    In the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
    <Lxf9f.40058$>, fruno wrote:

    >I am registered with several web forums and recently one of them got hacked.
    >Since I normally use the same email, user and password combo for many of
    >these sites, should I reregister with the other ones since one got hacked.

    Wonderful. Well, now you know why this is not recommended. Change usernames
    and passwords on ALL sites. If the email addresses are not throw-away
    like yahoo, replace them immediately as well.

    >Just wondering this would be over cautious.

    No, this has only been recommended procedure for 20 or 25 years.

    Old guy

    Moe Trin, Oct 31, 2005

  3. fruno

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:43:55 GMT, "fruno" <> wrote:

    >I am registered with several web forums and recently one of them got hacked.
    >Since I normally use the same email, user and password combo for many of
    >these sites, should I reregister with the other ones since one got hacked.
    >Just wondering this would be over cautious. Thanks in advance for input.

    No its a good idea; using the same user id/password on different
    systems is not. Using easily guessed passwords is a bad too
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Oct 31, 2005