    I don't have one. So the question is is there any possible way of
    getting a security clearance without going through some employer? I'm
    confused where to start and any advice would be appreciated.

    oublier, May 25, 2004

  2. oublier

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>,
    (oublier) wrote:

    > Hello all I've been looking hi and low for an answer to my question.
    > It seems all the good
    > Jobs in my area require a security clearance. Well as I have read on
    > the Internet that the only way to get one of these to be hired by a
    > job that requires it. But a lot of these jobs say to not even apply if
    > I don't have one. So the question is is there any possible way of
    > getting a security clearance without going through some employer? I'm
    > confused where to start and any advice would be appreciated.

    There are only a few ways to get a clearance under normal
    circumstances... have a military job that requires it (not all military
    have clearances- in fact very many do not), or work for the governemnt in
    a position that requires a clearance (few do), or work for a government of
    military contractor that requires it (few of those do as well)...

    I suppose you can get elected to the senate or the house and be on a
    committee that requires a clearance too... lol

    Ghost, May 31, 2004

  3. oublier

    AG Guest

    "oublier" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all I've been looking hi and low for an answer to my question.
    > It seems all the good
    > Jobs in my area require a security clearance. Well as I have read on
    > the Internet that the only way to get one of these to be hired by a
    > job that requires it. But a lot of these jobs say to not even apply if
    > I don't have one. So the question is is there any possible way of
    > getting a security clearance without going through some employer? I'm
    > confused where to start and any advice would be appreciated.

    You could apply for a position as a 911 operator. That is a pretty low
    level clearance but you do have to pass a fingerprint and background check.
    AG

    AG, Jun 1, 2004
  4. oublier

    ap Guest

    You have no idea what you are talking about. Having a county or city do a
    background check for a 911 operator is far from a security clearance done by
    the FBI.

    First, the most sensitive thing a 911 operator/dispatcher will get to see is
    the CLEAN, NCIC, DMV, and local scofflaw databases. This is of little
    importance when it comes to national security, most of the information in
    these databases is public record - go to the court house and ask. The only
    reason a 911 operator gets a background check is to make sure criminals are
    not being hired. The same check is done if you want to buy a gun. A far
    far cry from a security clearance

    Take a look at the FBI's website for a real answer. If in doubt, call your
    local FBI field office and ask.

    --
    A+, Security+, SSCP, MOS, Network+

    ap, Jun 4, 2004