    maybe this is a market leader?

    Thanks,
    Peter

    Peter, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Peter

    Stacey Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am about to purchase my first digital camera, and also an extra SD card.
    > (It seems that all the cameras I have looked at only include a 16MB card,
    > which seems a little small).
    >
    > It appears there are different "types" of SD - I have seen terms like
    > "ULTRA II", "32x", "40x", "66x". I assume these represent some measure of
    > the data transfer speed. But what really is the best and what is the
    > minimum "acceptable"? What differences would I see with a "Panasonic FZ20"
    > camera?

    Need to know what camera. Most can't actually use the speeds over 40X and
    unless it's a large MP camera, even the slower cards work fine.

    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Feb 10, 2005

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Stacey" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Peter wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I am about to purchase my first digital camera, and also an extra SD

    card.
    > > (It seems that all the cameras I have looked at only include a 16MB

    card,
    > > which seems a little small).
    > >
    > > It appears there are different "types" of SD - I have seen terms like
    > > "ULTRA II", "32x", "40x", "66x". I assume these represent some measure

    of
    > > the data transfer speed. But what really is the best and what is the
    > > minimum "acceptable"? What differences would I see with a "Panasonic

    FZ20"
    > > camera?
    > >

    > Need to know what camera. Most can't actually use the speeds over 40X and
    > unless it's a large MP camera, even the slower cards work fine.

    It's a "Panasonic FZ20".

    Peter, Feb 10, 2005
  4. Peter

    Jason P. Guest

    I'll bet dimes to dollars that Panasonic has an approved cards list. Better
    check that out before buying.

    Jason P., Feb 10, 2005
  5. Peter

    Guest

    Panasonic FZ20 is 5 MP camera, so 32X write speed would be a good
    minimum though 40X may give you a slight edge.
    Sandisk is very good, as is Lexar. Because of quality/warranty
    concerns, generic brands should be avoided.

    , Feb 10, 2005