    me if my camera will automatically use the higher speed?

    Thanks,
    James
    James McLaughlin, Nov 4, 2005

  2. James McLaughlin

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm looking at a new SD memory card for my digicam. I see that they
    > are selling different speeds now (from 16x to 133x). Can anyone tell
    > me if my camera will automatically use the higher speed?

    Your camera will run at its designed speed provided the memory can keep
    up. Higher speeds are mostly useful for video and the like (for example
    some cameras can do near DV quality video which needs a fast card)
    Rob J, Nov 4, 2005

  3. James McLaughlin

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:27:44 +1300, James McLaughlin <> wrote:

    >Hi.
    >
    >I'm looking at a new SD memory card for my digicam. I see that they
    >are selling different speeds now (from 16x to 133x). Can anyone tell
    >me if my camera will automatically use the higher speed?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >James

    I saw a review on a range of Cards and nothing was gained by using faster
    cards at all.

    Don't forget Flashcards.co.nz
    XP, Nov 4, 2005
  4. James McLaughlin

    BTMO Guest

    "James McLaughlin" <> wrote

    > I'm looking at a new SD memory card for my digicam. I see that they
    > are selling different speeds now (from 16x to 133x). Can anyone tell
    > me if my camera will automatically use the higher speed?

    That would depend *entirely* on your camera's ability to use a higher speed
    card. What does your manual say?
    BTMO, Nov 4, 2005
  5. James McLaughlin

    Fran Guest

    XP wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:27:44 +1300, James McLaughlin <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi.
    >>
    >>I'm looking at a new SD memory card for my digicam. I see that they
    >>are selling different speeds now (from 16x to 133x). Can anyone tell
    >>me if my camera will automatically use the higher speed?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>James

    > I saw a review on a range of Cards and nothing was gained by using faster
    > cards at all.
    >
    > Don't forget Flashcards.co.nz

    I had a play with an old Sony Digital camera (1999) and it took PCMCIA
    adapters for the (8mb) memory stick.
    I tried my PCMCIA adapter and a 512Mb CF card and the speed difference was
    phenomenal. It was saving almost as fast as I could push the button.

    The only way to tell is to try it.

    Fran
    :):):)
    Fran, Nov 5, 2005
  6. James McLaughlin

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:27:44 +1300, James McLaughlin wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm looking at a new SD memory card for my digicam. I see that they
    > are selling different speeds now (from 16x to 133x). Can anyone tell
    > me if my camera will automatically use the higher speed?

    Do you *need* vs want, the higher speed?
    Gordon, Nov 5, 2005