    all domain controllers in the forest root domain?

    Thanks for the clarification

    Regards

    Wingnut, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Hi Wingnut,

    What is the context of your question? Where does it say "DNS replication of
    the forest root domain must be limited to forest domain controllers only"?

    To try answer your question anyway, if you choose the option that says "All
    DNS servers in the Active Directory forest", then the ADI-zone data will go
    to all DC's in the forest which have the DNS service installed on them.

    This is an advisable option for the Forest Root domain DNS zones, because
    the Forest Root domain hosts the default Global Catalogue, and therefore the
    GC DNS records will be inthe Forest Root DNS zone. You want this zone to be
    present on all the DNS servers in your network... it makes it quicker for all
    clients to get the GC IP address.

    See Technet (http://tinyurl.com/ycrxau) for more.

    Hope that helps.
    Terence Rabe
    N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCT

    =?Utf-8?B?VGVyZW5jZSBSYWJl?=, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Terence Rabe" <Terence > wrote in message
    > Terence Rabe
    > N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCT

    ^^^^^^

    Wow. With all due respect, Terence, that MCP musta been really hard to
    achieve.

    No wonder you display it so proudly.

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  4. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Wow. With all due respect, Terence, that MCP musta been really hard to
    >achieve.

    Yes, but which to do first, MCP or go straight for the MCSE?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2006
  5. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >Wow. With all due respect, Terence, that MCP musta been really hard to
    >>achieve.

    > Yes, but which to do first, MCP or go straight for the MCSE?

    I'm pretty sure that MCSE is one of the electives you can take for your MCP.

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  6. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:ur7Xqb2
    $:

    > "Terence Rabe" <Terence > wrote in message
    >> Terence Rabe
    >> N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCT

    > ^^^^^^
    >
    > Wow. With all due respect, Terence, that MCP musta been really hard to
    > achieve.
    >
    > No wonder you display it so proudly.

    Be nice to Terence. He's a regular on Channel 2.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - A dry sense of humor is better than slobbering everywhere

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  7. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> Yes, but which to do first, MCP or go straight for the MCSE?
    >
    >I'm pretty sure that MCSE is one of the electives you can take for your MCP.

    really? i thought that was for A+, oh well...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2006
  8. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:ur7Xqb2
    > $:
    >
    >> "Terence Rabe" <Terence > wrote in message
    >>> Terence Rabe
    >>> N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCT

    >> ^^^^^^
    >>
    >> Wow. With all due respect, Terence, that MCP musta been really hard to
    >> achieve.
    >>
    >> No wonder you display it so proudly.
    >>

    > Be nice to Terence. He's a regular on Channel 2.

    What do you think "With all due respect" means?

    Oh, I see. You didn't think he was due any.

    I noticed he altered his sig, and never thanked me, either.

    furrfu

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  9. "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > "Terence Rabe" <Terence > wrote in message
    > > Terence Rabe
    > > N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCT

    > ^^^^^^
    >
    > Wow. With all due respect <SNIP>

    ^^^^^^^^
    Oh yeah, I can feel the respect. Keep it coming :)

    =?Utf-8?B?VGVyZW5jZSBSYWJl?=, Nov 3, 2006
  10. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:Oc1du#2
    $:

    > I noticed he altered his sig, and never thanked me, either.

    he's a brit IIRC...whatchagonnado

    ;)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  11. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:Oc1du#2
    > $:
    >
    >> I noticed he altered his sig, and never thanked me, either.

    > he's a brit IIRC...whatchagonnado

    They're all still sore about that little revolution 230 years ago.

    And you thought U.S. southerners held a grudge for a long time.

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  12. Wingnut

    Terence Rabe Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >> did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:Oc1du#2
    >> $:
    >>
    >>> I noticed he altered his sig, and never thanked me, either.

    >> he's a brit IIRC...whatchagonnado

    > They're all still sore about that little revolution 230 years ago.
    >
    > And you thought U.S. southerners held a grudge for a long time.

    I'm actually South African, living in the UK...

    Terence Rabe, Nov 3, 2006
  13. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Terence Rabe" <mct@hotmail in the UK> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >> "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:Oc1du#2
    >>> $:

    >>> he's a brit IIRC...whatchagonnado

    >> They're all still sore about that little revolution 230 years ago.
    >>
    >> And you thought U.S. southerners held a grudge for a long time.

    > I'm actually South African, living in the UK...

    You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  14. Wingnut

    Jtyc Guest

    > You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.

    I like bangors and mash, fish and chips... haggis.

    Jtyc, Nov 3, 2006
  15. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Terence Rabe" <mct@hotmail in the UK> say in news:ucBY$P3
    $:

    > I'm actually South African, living in the UK...

    I SIT...corrected...

    say hi to Thomas L. for me...

    ...and Jason W....

    ....and Bob S..."qoq", heh!

    ;)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - "Boy, that sure took the wind out of my sails!" said Tom disgustedly.

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  16. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in news:ub4vwc3$GHA.4348
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    >> You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.

    > I like bangors and mash, fish and chips... haggis.

    spotted dick...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Confucius say: Show off always shown up in showdown

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  17. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.
    >
    >I like bangors and mash, fish and chips... haggis.

    jellied ells - yummy

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2006
  18. --

    > did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >>> You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.

    >> I like bangors and mash, fish and chips... haggis.
    >>

    > spotted dick...

    WHAT? WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT???? uhm... what? you weren't talkin
    about... Oh! Oh... well... uhm... nevermind... uh.. wasn't talkin about me
    or anything... uh... why is everyone looking at me like that???

    Keyboard Cowboy, Nov 3, 2006
  19. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in message

    >> did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    >>> I like bangors and mash, fish and chips... haggis.
    >>>

    >> spotted dick...
    >>

    > WHAT? WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT???? uhm... what? you weren't talkin
    > about... Oh! Oh... well... uhm... nevermind... uh.. wasn't talkin about
    > me or anything... uh... why is everyone looking at me like that???

    Your Delta Tau name is... Pinto

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  20. Wingnut

    >>> You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.

    >>I like bangors and mash, fish and chips... haggis.

    > jellied ells - yummy

    Were they the precursors to em and ems?

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006