    It's hot plugable, but just want to be sure, if someone has done it, let me
    know.

    Many thanks
    BC, Oct 30, 2003

  2. BC

    Harrison Guest

    That's correct. The net effect is no different than backing up the
    files to another IDE drive, or even to CD's.

    Harrison, Oct 30, 2003

  3. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:VB_nb.1719$,
    BC <> typed
    || Am I right in saying that I can back up files onto a SATA drive from
    || an IDE one, format the IDE, reinstall XP on it, and the SATA drive
    || wont have to be formatted once it's recognised when I have XP up and
    || running.

    Serial ATA is simply the interface used to connect the hard drive, it's
    still an ATA drive, which is basically IDE anyway.

    As long as the drive is formatted with a file system that XP will recognise,
    FAT32 or NTFS will be fine, there should be no problem.

    Robert de Brus, Oct 30, 2003