    What do ya think?

    Thanks
    Tom

    twfsa, Jan 2, 2006

  2. twfsa

    Erick Guest

    It all depends. I would work it out this way:

    Are both the DVD-ROM and CD/RW drives about the same age? If yes, replace
    the CD/RW.

    Which drive is used the most? Replace the most-used drive.

    And, are you planning on doing any disk-to-disk DVD copying? If yes, replace
    the CD/RW.

    Do you burn a lot of CDs, and will still be burning a lot of CDs? If yes to
    either, replace the DVD-ROM.

    If the CD/RW burns at a higher speed than the DVD Burner does for CDs, use
    the CD/RW for making CDs only. Otherwise, replace the CD/RW.

    Obviously, in most cases, the CD/RW gets replaced.

    "twfsa" <> wrote in message
    I want replace a Internal drive, but not sure which drive to remove for
    replacement.

    There are 2 drives currently DVD-Rom and CD-RW I want to install a DVD
    write Drive but not sure which drive to remove for install.

    Or would I be better off to buy an external DVD write drive?

    What do ya think?

    Thanks
    Tom

    Erick, Jan 3, 2006