    tapes have Macrovision? How can you tell?

    Thanks for any info.

    -DVDfanatico
    DVDfanatico, May 8, 2004

  2. DVDfanatico

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    DVDfanatico wrote:
    > I'm thinking of getting a DVD recorder and making back-up copies of some VHS
    > tapes I own that are not out on DVD. Is Macrovision a problem?

    Yes, it can be

    Do most VHS
    > tapes have Macrovision? How can you tell?

    *Many of them do, but unfortunately often the only way to tell is to try
    recording them.

    > Thanks for any info.

    You can always buy or build a video enhancer and stabiliser which will
    sometimes remove the macrovision from the video signal - OR, I have had
    success with a little creative wiring.
    VHS to AV in on TV
    AV out on TV to AV in on DVD recorder.

    With some TVs the macrovision is bypassed by doing this.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 8, 2004