    like what you find on the MS site?

    Thanks
    Clegg
    Mark, May 5, 2005

  2. Mark

    Edgardo Guest

    Same thing happening to me, im about to make the 70-305 and MS assesments,
    dont show up as high as i though, , im scoring 70's and i would like them
    to be 80's to fell more confident.

    What i like from MS assesments, is that i think they are kind of intelligent
    because i read 14 of the 15 chapters of Mike Gunderloy's Book, and a few
    questions after i started the test, it kind of discovered that my weak point
    was autentication and authorization, and began to shoot multiple questions
    about that, at the end the good thing is that it suggest me to read about
    those topic's wich internally i interpreted as "Go read the last chapter
    and come back in the morning"

    When i finish the last chapter i'll take the assesments again and see what
    happens.

    Saludos from Costa Rica!
    Edgardo, May 5, 2005

  3. Mark

    GoodLuck Guest

    LOTS OF VALUABLE AND USEFUL INFORMATION - FYI & FAQ

    Great Exam Preps. - Microsoft Skills Assessments are FREE.

    These assessments are like mini certification tests. You
    can take as many assessments as you need or want to and
    there is no cost. You can find these Assessments at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/assessment/default.asp.
    If you need help, you can also find excellent free
    detailed Q&A support for these assessments at:
    http://disnetinc.com/ and http://disnetinc.com/FAQ.htm .

    These assessments are maintained by Microsoft to insure
    they are current with today's technologies. Industry uses
    these assessments to measure your skill sets, so
    completing them successfully is in your best interest.
    Certified Professionals are also being asked by industry
    to complete these assessments to verify their credentials
    are current. Don't wait until you are asked, stay ahead of
    the curve. Do the necessary assessment now. At your
    discretion, Microsoft records and password protects your
    results, which are then available via the internet for
    you to present to your colleagues and industry.

    OTHER INVALUABLE RESEARCH INFORMATION

    Certification exams typically cost $125 US. If it is
    necessary to retake a certification exam you can "Get a
    Free second shot" at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/. Do
    not take more than one exam on the same day. This is a
    recipe for failure. The sequence you take exams in is not
    important. Set the sequence that is best for you. It will
    benefit you to lightly peruse all manuals you may have
    related to your certification efforts to get the bigger
    picture but when you are preparing for an exam focus on
    material specific to the exam.

    You can view all Microsoft Certifications at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certifications.asp .
    From this location you will get the necessary information
    you need to plan and do your training.

    What ever else you do, I encourage you to use Microsoft's
    Press training material. After all this is their product,
    who better to supply training material? You can view
    Microsoft Press books at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/product.asp. Most
    Microsoft press books can be acquired for less at
    http://www.amazon.com , http://www.ebay.com or any other
    auction site.

    You can find online training using virtual PCs. Details
    here at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/

    A great place to look for support from some of the best
    technical community leaders is Microsoft's MVPs at
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/. You can Find a
    Community for a Microsoft Product or Technology at
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/products/default.mspx.

    You can View New and Upcoming Exams at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/new.asp

    You can find Simulations in MCP exams at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/.
    As of March 1, 2005 only exams 70-290 "Managing and
    Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment. "
    and 70-291 "Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure."
    have simulated items.

    You can find code samples at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/downloads/samples/default.
    aspx and http://gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/

    OTHER FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP FILES
    FROM Microsoft E-Learning
    Microsoft E-Learning Course Catalog - Some Courses are
    Free at:
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx#exc
    hangeServer
    Microsoft E-Learning > FREE > Office >
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx#off
    ice
    Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE TRAINING COURSES >
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx
    Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE OFFICE 2003 DEMOS >
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010804491033.aspx

    CONCLUSION:
    Focus on positive feedback from your friends, colleagues
    and newsgroups. Do your own research via the internet. Use
    your own best judgement in deciding what you should or
    should not use for your chosen study plans and material.
    We trust this information will be of value to you in your
    chosen profession.

    MSDN and another
    >couple of books.
    >
    >I'm doing OK using the practice exams from the book but

    when I test myself
    >using the Microsoft assessment pages I'm not scoring as

    highly as I would
    >like.
    >
    >What are the exam questions like? Are they more like

    Mike's book or more

    GoodLuck, May 5, 2005
  4. Mark

    Guest

    Thanks but it doesn't really answer my question does it?

    , May 8, 2005