Question about preset zoom on TVs and DVD players.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Peter Jason, Jul 8, 2006.

  1. Peter Jason

    Peter Jason Guest

    TVs and DVD players have a preset zoom button
    where the picture zoom can be increased by a
    factor of 2 to 4 (typically).

    Are there any TVs or DVDs which have an
    adjustable zoom adjustable manually from 1 to
    (say) 1.5x.

    I watch a lot of old movies and the image
    just sits in the middle of the screen with a
    large wasted border, and if I zoom to 2 x
    times I lose some of the image as well.

    A lesser zoom function would allow me to fit
    the available area perfectly.

    Useful too would be a function to stretch the
    vertical and horizontal by desired amounts
    depending on the movie.

    Are there third-party hardware or software
    devices to handle the task?

    Please help.

    Peter Jason, Jul 8, 2006