    you're away from the TV.

    Thanks.
    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Nov 19, 2004

  2. DVDfanatico

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On 19 Nov 2004 14:28:26 GMT, (DVDfanatico) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Does anyone have a Panasonic DVD Video Recorder like the DMR-E75V?
    >
    >I was wondering if it has a feature where it automatically inserts chapters in
    >increments of say 3, 6, 9, or 12 minutes. The Panasonic has many features I
    >want and I was wondering if it has that feature so you don't have to manually
    >insert chapters, which is inconvenient if you're recording something while
    >you're away from the TV.

    I have it.

    Yes, If you record to DVD-R then the chapter breaks get automatically
    inserted about ever 5 minutes when you finalize the disc. I've found
    chapter length can range from around 4 minutes to about 7 minutes, but
    is usually between 5 and 6 minutes.

    If you are recording to DVD-RAM then you must set the chapter breaks
    manually, but you can put them wherever you want them to be. I usually
    set them before and after commercials and then remove the commercial
    chapters. It's a quicker way of removing all the unwanted (commercial)
    sections than using the editor.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Nov 19, 2004