    --
    Thanks in advance

    Remove the XXX to reply

    Click, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Click

    John O. Guest

    In article <3f41be1d$0$10360$>,
    says...
    > Do you need any special adapter for this camera if you want to just attach
    > things like polarizing filters?

    Yes. A tube that screws on the front. I bought an aftermarket because
    it offered a common filter size. With the Olympus, I required an
    "adapter for my adapter".

    > What about using a lens hood to shade the lens, I don't see any mention of
    > this as an accessory on the brochure from Olympus?

    You can put a shade on the tube as well.

    > Do you have to use the Olympus battery charger or will any suitable on work?
    > Is there any advantage on way or the other?

    No. You can use any brand you like. You can buy a better charger than
    the one Olympus gives you.

    --
    John O.
    There is no slack in light attack.

    John O., Aug 19, 2003

  3. Click

    Tony Soprano Guest

    John O. <> keeps busting my balls:

    >Yes. A tube that screws on the front. I bought an aftermarket because
    >it offered a common filter size. With the Olympus, I required an
    >"adapter for my adapter".

    I had a 3030 once, it also required 2 adapters before you could put on
    standard sized attachments. The first one was 41mm to 43mm, second one was
    43mm to 52mm.

    The 750 is a different size but still might require double adapters.
    Some geniuses working for Olympus eh?

    I remember my father and my mother arguing about... something,
    I don't know. I remember her talking about my father's
    feeble-minded brother, but I thought she meant you !!!

    Tony Soprano, Aug 19, 2003
  4. Click

    Pete Guest

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:05:14 -0700, Tony Soprano
    <> wrote:

    >John O. <> keeps busting my balls:
    >
    >I had a 3030 once, it also required 2 adapters before you could put on
    >standard sized attachments.

    I'm intertested in buying an adapter ring for my C-720.

    What ARE the "standard sizes" that I should aim for?

    Pete, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Click

    John O. Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:05:14 -0700, Tony Soprano
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >John O. <> keeps busting my balls:
    > >
    > >I had a 3030 once, it also required 2 adapters before you could put on
    > >standard sized attachments.

    > I'm intertested in buying an adapter ring for my C-720.
    >
    > What ARE the "standard sizes" that I should aim for?

    Some of the most common sizes are 49, 52, 55, 58 and 62. I've also seen
    a small increase in the popularity of some smaller sizes because of
    digital and video cameras.

    John O., Aug 19, 2003
  6. Click

    Rich Guest

    "OlEnSh" <> wrote in message
    > > Do you need any special adapter for this camera if you want to just

    attach
    > > things like polarizing filters?

    > i believe so... the oly part number is CL-4. Or buy a third party adapter
    > the oly lens thread is 45.6mm so you need an adapter to convert it to 52

    mm.
    > there are 46mm filters available but i don't know if they fit.
    >
    > > What about using a lens hood to shade the lens, I don't see any mention

    of
    > > this as an accessory on the brochure from Olympus?
    > >
    > > Do you have to use the Olympus battery charger or will any suitable on

    > work?
    > > Is there any advantage on way or the other?
    > >

    > you can use any brand of NiMH battery and the charger for it.
    > E.g. I use a GP charger. 16hours to obtain full charge. You might prefer

    > charger that does the job faster.
    > note that the lithium battery CR-V3 that comes along with the camera is

    not
    > rechargable.

    Lithium Battery?? mine came with 4 nimH 1700ma rechargeables and a charger,
    albeit not a very fast one. I use a uniross fast nimh charger, does the job
    on 2000ma batteries in under 2 hours and can be plugger into the cigar
    lighter socket on a car.

    www.digitalmood.co.uk

    Rich, Aug 20, 2003