    easily? I'm trying to make the switch from OE to Mozz or TB as easy as
    possible. <g>

    Thanks
    Tom Accuosti, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Tom Accuosti

    xaos Guest

    Tom Accuosti wrote:
    > I just installed TB .8, and was confused by something: I was on line and
    > had read some Usenet messages. After I disconnected, I tried to read the
    > messages again so I could reply, and I got the "The body of this message
    > has not been downloaded from the server for off line reading..."
    >
    > I was pretty sure that reading while on line would d/load and save the
    > message body (I'm pretty sure that's how Mozz works). I see a menu
    > option for off line reading, but I thought it was for dd/loading all
    > bodies (similar to OE's Sync All option). Does that need to be enabled
    > in order to keep the message bodies?
    >
    > Also, what if I just want to dial up, d/load the headers and then mark
    > which messages from various NGs that I want to keep? Can this be done
    > easily? I'm trying to make the switch from OE to Mozz or TB as easy as
    > possible. <g>
    >
    > Thanks

    Welcome to the Mozilla experience.
    mozilla.org web tools are deeply cutomizable and have a very rich set of
    features.

    In Mozilla (may be different in tb it's been a while since I used tb)
    go to the newsgroup account settings and look for Offline and Disk
    Space panels.

    edit - mail & newsgps - <newsgroup account> - Offline and Disk Space

    the Off Line panel lets you select entire newsgroups to dl for off line use.
    The disk space panel has some automatic space saving features that you
    may want to enable such as save all -delete after x days ... . If you
    don't select save all, you can permanently save a post by dragging it
    into a local folder or saving as ...

    I mark the posts of interest and drag them into local folders subfolder.

    you can flag or label messages, then position the messages or control
    the view to show only flagged or appropriately labeled messages and
    manipulate them as a group.
    You can use the message filters tools to move messages you've labeled
    or flagged.

    Hope this helps you to enjoy mozilla.

    ~Steve~
    xaos, Sep 28, 2004

  3. xaos wrote:
    > Tom Accuosti wrote:
    >
    >> I just installed TB .8, and was confused by something: I was on line
    >> and had read some Usenet messages. After I disconnected, I tried to
    >> read the messages again so I could reply, and I got the "The body of
    >> this message has not been downloaded from the server for off line
    >> reading..."
    >>
    >> I was pretty sure that reading while on line would d/load and save the
    >> message body (I'm pretty sure that's how Mozz works). I see a menu
    >> option for off line reading, but I thought it was for dd/loading all
    >> bodies (similar to OE's Sync All option). Does that need to be enabled
    >> in order to keep the message bodies?
    >>
    >> Also, what if I just want to dial up, d/load the headers and then mark
    >> which messages from various NGs that I want to keep? Can this be done
    >> easily? I'm trying to make the switch from OE to Mozz or TB as easy as
    >> possible. <g>
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Welcome to the Mozilla experience.
    > mozilla.org web tools are deeply cutomizable and have a very rich set of
    > features.
    >
    > In Mozilla (may be different in tb it's been a while since I used tb)
    > go to the newsgroup account settings and look for Offline and Disk
    > Space panels.
    >
    > edit - mail & newsgps - <newsgroup account> - Offline and Disk Space
    >
    > the Off Line panel lets you select entire newsgroups to dl for off line
    > use.
    > The disk space panel has some automatic space saving features that you
    > may want to enable such as save all -delete after x days ... . If you
    > don't select save all, you can permanently save a post by dragging it
    > into a local folder or saving as ...
    >
    > I mark the posts of interest and drag them into local folders subfolder.
    >
    > you can flag or label messages, then position the messages or control
    > the view to show only flagged or appropriately labeled messages and
    > manipulate them as a group.
    > You can use the message filters tools to move messages you've
    > labeled or flagged.
    >
    > Hope this helps you to enjoy mozilla.
    >
    > ~Steve~

    TB does not have offline capability unless the Offline extension is
    installed. In new releases, 0.8 included, it can be installed when
    installing the program Select a custom install, and make sure Offline
    is checked.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Tom Accuosti

    Tom Accuosti Guest

    "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    | xaos wrote:
    | | Tom Accuosti wrote:
    | |
    | | | I just installed TB .8, and was confused by something: I was on
    | | | line and had read some Usenet messages. After I disconnected, I
    | | | tried to read the messages again so I could reply, and I got the
    | | | "The body of this message has not been downloaded from the server
    | | | for off line reading..."
    | | |
    | | | I was pretty sure that reading while on line would d/load and
    | | | save the message body (I'm pretty sure that's how Mozz works). I
    | | | see a menu option for off line reading, but I thought it was for
    | | | dd/loading all bodies (similar to OE's Sync All option). Does
    | | | that need to be enabled in order to keep the message bodies?
    | | |
    | | | Also, what if I just want to dial up, d/load the headers and then
    | | | mark which messages from various NGs that I want to keep? Can
    | | | this be done easily? I'm trying to make the switch from OE to
    | | | Mozz or TB as easy as possible. <g>
    | | |
    | | | Thanks
    | |
    | |
    | | Welcome to the Mozilla experience.
    | | mozilla.org web tools are deeply cutomizable and have a very rich
    | | set of features.
    | |
    | | In Mozilla (may be different in tb it's been a while since I used
    | | tb) go to the newsgroup account settings and look for Offline
    | | and Disk Space panels.
    | |
    | | edit - mail & newsgps - <newsgroup account> - Offline and Disk Space
    | |
    | | the Off Line panel lets you select entire newsgroups to dl for off
    | | line use.
    | | The disk space panel has some automatic space saving features that
    | | you may want to enable such as save all -delete after x days ... .
    | | If you don't select save all, you can permanently save a post by
    | | dragging it into a local folder or saving as ...
    | |
    | | I mark the posts of interest and drag them into local folders
    | | subfolder.
    | |
    | | you can flag or label messages, then position the messages or
    | | control the view to show only flagged or appropriately labeled
    | | messages and manipulate them as a group.
    | | You can use the message filters tools to move messages you've
    | | labeled or flagged.
    | |
    | | Hope this helps you to enjoy mozilla.
    | |
    | | ~Steve~
    | |

    | TB does not have offline capability unless the Offline extension is
    | installed. In new releases, 0.8 included, it can be installed when
    | installing the program Select a custom install, and make sure Offline
    | is checked.

    Doh! Cool, thanks! I'll give it another try.

    Tom
    Tom Accuosti, Sep 29, 2004