    There's still no commentary on LEON, as was announced (I guess Besson doesn't
    like to do them),but will the new WALL have director Alan Parker's commentary
    from the laserdisc?
    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Vlvetmorning98

    JF Sebastian Guest

    > There's still no commentary on LEON, as was announced (I guess Besson doesn't
    > like to do them),

    Either most of the region 1 viewers (and few of the others, too)
    wouldn't understand him or he would have to use a language he might not
    be very comfortable with. English still is a foreign language for most
    people on this planet (including French Luc Besson) and not everybody is
    fluent enough to _tell_ an interesting story. If you're a native English
    speaker and know some French, Spanish or whatever, try to comment
    something yourself and you'll see.
    JF Sebastian, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Vlvetmorning98

    Manda Guest

    JF Sebastian <> wrote:

    >> There's still no commentary on LEON, as was announced (I guess Besson
    >> doesn't like to do them),

    > Either most of the region 1 viewers (and few of the others, too)
    > wouldn't understand him or he would have to use a language he might
    > not be very comfortable with.

    It's not unheard of in region 1 to have a commentary in a foreign language
    with English subtitles. "Good Bye, Lenin!" is a recent example of this.

    Manda
    Manda, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
    > are these new editions more worthwhile that what was previously
    > released? There's still no commentary on LEON, as was announced (I
    > guess Besson doesn't like to do them),but will the new WALL have
    > director Alan Parker's commentary from the laserdisc?

    The new Wall DVD = same as previous DVD just given a new case.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Jan 25, 2005