    the price on these are pretty good. What I'm wondering is are these the
    original uncut versions of the films or are they cut? Does anyone know? Thanks
    in advance.

    Jabba59, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Jabba59

    Codswallop Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 05:08:59 GMT, Jabba59 wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > They are from a company I never heard of (Fortune Star Entertainment)
    > but the price on these are pretty good.

    I have a bunch of Fortune Star DVDs. They produce for the Chinese/Hong
    Kong market.

    Check www.dddhouse.com for more.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Codswallop, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Jabba59

    Jay G Guest

    Jabba59 <> wrote:
    > Hey there, noticed there are 'Digitally Remastered' versions of some
    > Jackie Chan DVDs on the shelves (notably City Hunter & My Lucky
    > Stars). They claim to have both the original Cantonese languages & a
    > US dub (ug!) including DTS sound (!). They are from a company I never
    > heard of (Fortune Star Entertainment) but the price on these are
    > pretty good. What I'm wondering is are these the original uncut
    > versions of the films or are they cut? Does anyone know? Thanks in
    > advance.

    Fortune Star is a Hong Kong company that licenses the films to
    other distributors worldwide. They also produce and distribute
    their own DVDs in HK, but the DVDs you are talking about
    were produced and distributed by FOX. The video for these
    are usually considered top-notch, and I believe the video
    masters are the same that are used on the DVDs on the
    Hong Kong Legend label in the UK.

    The sound sometimes leaves something to be desired,
    since these are typically older films that weren't stored in
    the best conditions, and they're 5.1 remasters of soundtracks
    that were typically mono originally. Still, they're servicable
    enough.

    For $5.99, these are the best deal possible for these films.
    www.dvdtalk.com has reviews of several of the titles if
    you want more information.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Jan 7, 2004