    have to complete the track in x amount of months?

    Would it be more recommended to go with the Windows Server 2003 track over
    W2K? And what electives would be most relevant for use in the workplace?

    =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=, May 23, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "MrBigglesworth" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ok, so now I am juggling on which to do first, CCNA or MCSE.
    >
    > Im thinking CCNA track as it is a single test and should be over fairly
    > quickly, where as the MCSE has 7 tests.
    >
    > My question about the MCSE, is there any particular order or time
    > constraint
    > in which you have to take the tests? Say once you take the first one, you
    > have to complete the track in x amount of months?
    >
    > Would it be more recommended to go with the Windows Server 2003 track over
    > W2K? And what electives would be most relevant for use in the workplace?

    I'm sorry, but aren't you... a cat?

    OMG IT'S MAGGIE'S CAT AND IT'S TRYING TO GET CERTIFIED! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
    IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA!

    Frisbee®, May 23, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    LoopBack Guest

    > Ok, so now I am juggling on which to do first, CCNA or MCSE.
    >
    > Im thinking CCNA track as it is a single test and should be over fairly
    > quickly, where as the MCSE has 7 tests.
    >
    > My question about the MCSE, is there any particular order or time
    > constraint
    > in which you have to take the tests? Say once you take the first one, you
    > have to complete the track in x amount of months?
    >
    > Would it be more recommended to go with the Windows Server 2003 track over
    > W2K? And what electives would be most relevant for use in the workplace?

    list your pros and cons. figure it out from there.

    LoopBack, May 23, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Consultant Guest

    why would you spend your money getting certified on a product which has
    already been replaced, let alone has been largely deployed

    Consultant, May 24, 2006
  5. "Consultant" wrote:

    > why would you spend your money getting certified on a product which has
    > already been replaced, let alone has been largely deployed
    >
    > "MrBigglesworth" <> wrote in message
    > > Ok, so now I am juggling on which to do first, CCNA or MCSE.
    > >
    > > Im thinking CCNA track as it is a single test and should be over fairly
    > > quickly, where as the MCSE has 7 tests.
    > >
    > > My question about the MCSE, is there any particular order or time
    > > constraint
    > > in which you have to take the tests? Say once you take the first one, you
    > > have to complete the track in x amount of months?
    > >
    > > Would it be more recommended to go with the Windows Server 2003 track over
    > > W2K? And what electives would be most relevant for use in the workplace?

    Kinda depends on where he is at in his cycle...

    Rather than implementing cutting edge solutions, I guess he might be
    supporting older stuff that somebody else put in. So it can be worthwhile
    being certified in what you're using - although, then again it's probably
    better to be certified in what you will be upgrading to... I see your point.

    oh hell.

    --
    LoopBack

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=, May 24, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    MitchS Guest

    "LoopBack" <loopback@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > "Consultant" wrote:
    >
    >> why would you spend your money getting certified on a product which has
    >> already been replaced, let alone has been largely deployed

    You don't, you spend the company's.

    > Kinda depends on where he is at in his cycle...
    >
    > Rather than implementing cutting edge solutions, I guess he might be
    > supporting older stuff that somebody else put in. So it can be worthwhile
    > being certified in what you're using - although, then again it's probably
    > better to be certified in what you will be upgrading to... I see your
    > point.

    Does it really even matter what version you have? You only use those 4
    letters to get by the HR filters. Just slap MCSE on there (once you
    actually have it) and forget the version.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, May 24, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    JaR Guest

    "MitchS" <> wrote in news:#
    :

    > Does it really even matter what version you have? You only use those 4
    > letters to get by the HR filters. Just slap MCSE on there (once you
    > actually have it) and forget the version.

    Werd.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22

    JaR, May 24, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >And what electives would be most relevant for use in the workplace?

    the ones that answered the phone.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 24, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    JaR Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    > the ones that answered the phone.

    Your call is very important to us, please stay on the line, and the first
    available subroutine will answer your call in the ordure to which it is
    entitled. Average wait time is currently 10^27 minutes.

    JaR, May 24, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Your call is very important to us, please stay on the line, and the first
    >available subroutine will answer your call in the ordure to which it is
    >entitled. Average wait time is currently 10^27 minutes.

    .... One hour later

    Average wait time is currently NaN minutes

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 24, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Mike T. Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > OMG IT'S MAGGIE'S CAT AND IT'S TRYING TO GET CERTIFIED! RUN FOR YOUR
    > LIVES! IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA!

    WARNING! CAT-LIKE TYPING DETECTED!

    --
    Mike T.
    MCNGP #XLI

    Mike T., May 24, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    JaR Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    > Average wait time is currently NaN minutes

    Oh, you mean Dell.

    JaR, May 24, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    >> Average wait time is currently NaN minutes

    > Oh, you mean Dell.

    I had to call Gateway about 20 times last month.

    Actaully quite impressive, my average hold time was
    between 5 to 15 seconds.

    ....and they spoke English.

    Really.

    Sounded like a bunch of kids, but heh, at least I could
    talk to them.

    kpg, May 24, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Consultant Guest

    phooey
    and 2003 is not cutting edge, it is old! besides, there are no huge
    differences between 2000 & 2003. employers are usually wow'ed that you have
    the latest and greatest certs.

    Consultant, May 24, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >phooey
    >and 2003 is not cutting edge, it is old

    true story.

    Back in 2001 an ms partner did some work for the company I'm over here
    with [now] and during that time I got speaking to one of the so called
    'techies'. He kept on about, if it's in beta we don't want to know
    about it 'cos it's old hat. Late last year I bumped into him in
    furniture store, nope he wasn't buying a new four poster, he was the
    'duty manager' - way to go John!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 24, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Consultant Guest

    hey, can he get me a discount? im lookin for a new bedroom set, cal king on
    the bed. thanks!

    Consultant, May 24, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, kpg spurted out:

    > Actaully quite impressive, my average hold time was
    > between 5 to 15 seconds.

    Could that be because nobody uses them anymore?

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011

    Guest, May 24, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    kpg Guest

    As _unanswered_ once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\198014.htm (5/24/2006
    > 1:42:57 PM) # << While I was at work, kpg spurted out:
    >>
    >> Actaully quite impressive, my average hold time was
    >> between 5 to 15 seconds.
    >>

    > Could that be because nobody uses them anymore?

    I use them, that's all that matters.

    I like the cow boxes.

    kpg, May 24, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    LoopBack Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As _unanswered_ once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\198014.htm (5/24/2006
    >> 1:42:57 PM) # << While I was at work, kpg spurted out:
    >> <<------------------------------------------>>
    >>>
    >>> Actaully quite impressive, my average hold time was
    >>> between 5 to 15 seconds.
    >>>

    >> Could that be because nobody uses them anymore?

    > I use them, that's all that matters.
    >
    > I like the cow boxes.

    What a weird concept; why not choose a cool pattern like a tiger, or
    leopard, or a wasp? which suggests the product is gonna take names and kick
    a$s.

    ....although in that light, a fat ugly cow was probably quite appropriate.

    --
    LoopBack

    LoopBack, May 25, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?TXJCaWdnbGVzd29ydGg=?=

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, LoopBack spurted out:

    > What a weird concept; why not choose a cool pattern like a tiger, or
    > leopard, or a wasp? which suggests the product is gonna take names
    > and kick a$s.
    >
    > ...although in that light, a fat ugly cow was probably quite
    > appropriate.

    Ahhhh...but you forget....at the time Gateway started, Women were into Cow
    Patterns...I know, because my mom, grandmother, aunts, and ex-wife were
    awestruck by the hawt cow pattern. Gateway was apparently trying to appeal to
    the women folk and it made them big.

    Guest, May 25, 2006