Question about MCSA 2K3 > MCSE 2K3

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Don, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    I've searched the web and have not yet found an answer to this question
    (my apologies if it has already been asked and answered).

    Do I understand this correctly?

    To get an MCSA in Windows 2003 I must take 4 tests:

    1. [core: networking] 290 (mandatory)
    2. [core: networking] 291 (mandatory)
    3. [core: client] 270 (my choice)
    4. [elective] 284 (my choice)

    Then to upgrade to MCSE in Windows 2003, I must take 3 more tests:

    5. [core: networking] 293 (mandatory)
    6. [core: networking] 294 (mandatory)
    7. [core: design] 297 (my choice)

    Thank you for your assistance,
    Don

    Don, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Don

    LRM Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    > I've searched the web and have not yet found an answer to this question
    > (my apologies if it has already been asked and answered).
    >
    > Do I understand this correctly?
    >
    > To get an MCSA in Windows 2003 I must take 4 tests:
    >
    > 1. [core: networking] 290 (mandatory)
    > 2. [core: networking] 291 (mandatory)
    > 3. [core: client] 270 (my choice)
    > 4. [elective] 284 (my choice)
    >
    > Then to upgrade to MCSE in Windows 2003, I must take 3 more tests:
    >
    > 5. [core: networking] 293 (mandatory)
    > 6. [core: networking] 294 (mandatory)
    > 7. [core: design] 297 (my choice)
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance,
    > Don

    Yep
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

    LRM, Jan 14, 2006

  3. Don

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Don" <> say in

    > I've searched the web and have not yet found an answer to this question
    > (my apologies if it has already been asked and answered).
    >
    > Do I understand this correctly?
    >
    > To get an MCSA in Windows 2003 I must take 4 tests:
    >
    > 1. [core: networking] 290 (mandatory)
    > 2. [core: networking] 291 (mandatory)
    > 3. [core: client] 270 (my choice)
    > 4. [elective] 284 (my choice)
    >
    > Then to upgrade to MCSE in Windows 2003, I must take 3 more tests:
    >
    > 5. [core: networking] 293 (mandatory)
    > 6. [core: networking] 294 (mandatory)
    > 7. [core: design] 297 (my choice)
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance,
    > Don

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/mcsa.asp

    but you look like you're on the right track

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Ahhhhhhhh, I forget what I was going to say.

    Neil, Jan 14, 2006
  4. Don

    Don Guest

    Thanks for the responses. I did review those .../mcse/... and
    .../mcsa/... pages quite a bit, but was not sure if the elective that I
    took in mcsa would apply to mcse. That is, both the MCSA and the
    MCSA-to-MCSE upgrade page say an elective is mandatory. So, I wasn't
    sure if I had to take an extra elective, or if the one from the MCSA
    would apply.

    Thanks again,
    Don

    Don, Jan 14, 2006
  5. Don wrote:
    > Thanks for the responses. I did review those .../mcse/... and
    > ../mcsa/... pages quite a bit, but was not sure if the elective that
    > I took in mcsa would apply to mcse. That is, both the MCSA and the
    > MCSA-to-MCSE upgrade page say an elective is mandatory. So, I wasn't
    > sure if I had to take an extra elective, or if the one from the MCSA
    > would apply.
    >
    > Thanks again, Don

    Yes, at least one of them would cover. 284 will cover your elective.
    Since they wouldn't make you take the test over for the certification.
    It's like if you take a class that's a core course for this major,
    then switch to a major where the same class is an elective, they will
    give you the credit towards the new major. (Forgive the college
    analogies, I'm currently attending, so it's fresh in my mind).

    So, you should be good to go.

    --
    Patrick Dickey <>
    http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com

    Patrick Dickey, Jan 14, 2006
  6. Don

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Don" <> say in

    > So, I wasn't
    > sure if I had to take an extra elective, or if the one from the MCSA
    > would apply.

    total up what you need on the MCSE page, if it matches the MCSA page, bonus
    for you.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Are RAM chips better than EWE chips?