Question about making a DVD movie!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sseadoubleyou, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Hey-

    I have a bunch of DV videos at 720X480 resolution from my DV camcorder that
    I imported into my pc. The movies are of different things, basically I shot
    3 different scenes. Each of the 3 scenes are "clipped" in shorter scenes
    for easy downloading from the web. So for instance I have one scene at an
    amusement park but I created 3 smaller clips of the movie/scene, basically
    dividing it into 3 parts for easy downloading but the resolution was still
    kept at it's original (720X480). Now I'm getting ready to make a DVD movie
    of all 3 scenes that I shot but I need to bring the clips back together in
    movie maker first so I can bring each of the 3 movies I shot back together
    as 1 whole movie again, so in other words once I'm done I will have once
    again 3 complete movies. I'm trying to find out which setting I would want
    to select in the "move settings" when I'm ready to save the movie from movie
    maker back to my harddrive.

    Under "other settings" would I want to select "DV-AVI (NTSC) 720X480, "high
    quality video (NTSC) 720X480, "video for local playback (2.1 Mbps NTSC)
    720x480 OR "video for local playback (1.5Mbps NTSC) 720X480? Since the
    original quality is 720X480 I know I would want to obviously stick with that
    resolution but which of the 4 do I want? (since they all have the same
    resolution.

    I'm assuming I don't want "for local playback" since the idea is using these
    videos to burn to DVD to play on my home DVD player, correct? In that case
    would I want to choose from either of the first two I mentioned and if so,
    which one?

    I hope I haven't confused anyone, hopefully someone will understand what I'm
    asking here:)

    Thanks.

    Sseadoubleyou, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Sseadoubleyou wrote:

    > Hey-
    >
    > I have a bunch of DV videos at 720X480 resolution from my DV camcorder that
    > I imported into my pc. The movies are of different things, basically I shot
    > 3 different scenes. Each of the 3 scenes are "clipped" in shorter scenes
    > for easy downloading from the web. So for instance I have one scene at an
    > amusement park but I created 3 smaller clips of the movie/scene, basically
    > dividing it into 3 parts for easy downloading but the resolution was still
    > kept at it's original (720X480). Now I'm getting ready to make a DVD movie
    > of all 3 scenes that I shot but I need to bring the clips back together in
    > movie maker first so I can bring each of the 3 movies I shot back together
    > as 1 whole movie again, so in other words once I'm done I will have once
    > again 3 complete movies. I'm trying to find out which setting I would want
    > to select in the "move settings" when I'm ready to save the movie from movie
    > maker back to my harddrive.
    >
    > Under "other settings" would I want to select "DV-AVI (NTSC) 720X480, "high
    > quality video (NTSC) 720X480, "video for local playback (2.1 Mbps NTSC)
    > 720x480 OR "video for local playback (1.5Mbps NTSC) 720X480? Since the
    > original quality is 720X480 I know I would want to obviously stick with that
    > resolution but which of the 4 do I want? (since they all have the same
    > resolution.
    >
    > I'm assuming I don't want "for local playback" since the idea is using these
    > videos to burn to DVD to play on my home DVD player, correct? In that case
    > would I want to choose from either of the first two I mentioned and if so,
    > which one?
    >
    > I hope I haven't confused anyone, hopefully someone will understand what I'm
    > asking here:)
    >
    > Thanks.

    For higher quality go for the first setting. If the results won't fit on
    the disk, go with the second.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Thanks, actually the first setting was what I thought I should do, but
    wasn't sure.

    Thanks!

    Sseadoubleyou, Feb 9, 2005
  4. You're welcome.