    family member that turned nasty.

    Any opinions?

    Thanks.

    Sseadoubleyou, Jan 5, 2005

  2. I don't think that would be enough to get your account closed.
    Threats, now, with intent or not, would be quite different.
    You didn't tell the person you were going to rip their fucking head off or
    something like that, did you?
    I wouldn't worry about the 'F' word... thousands would lose their accounts
    if that were a credible violation of the TOA...
    Just my opinion. :)
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Sseadoubleyou

    Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:47:28 -0500, "Sseadoubleyou"
    <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

    |> I use Yahoo mail (I upgraded to premium) and have a question, it might make
    |> you laugh but it's cool, believe me I am laughing myself.
    |>
    |> I had a huge fight with a relative thru email tonight and I used the "F"
    |> word on many ocassions. I don't know if this person would or not, but if
    |> they forwarded it to Yahoo would Yahoo close my account down?
    |>
    |> I didn't know if that worked the same way as point blank harassing someone,
    |> or if they wouldn't care because I was actually having a discusion with a
    |> family member that turned nasty.

    Just the F word alone will not do it:

    In 1971, the U.S. Supreme Court decided that the mere public display of
    **** is protected under the First and Fourteenth Amendments and cannot
    be made a criminal offense. In 1968, Paul Robert Cohen had been
    convicted of "disturbing the peace" for wearing a jacket with "**** THE
    DRAFT" on it. The conviction was upheld by the Court of Appeals and
    overturned by the Supreme Court. Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15
    (1971).

    And if you want to really to know about the F word:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****

    --

    , Jan 5, 2005
  4. Sseadoubleyou

    SgtMinor Guest

    Sseadoubleyou wrote:

    > I use Yahoo mail (I upgraded to premium) and have a question, it might make
    > you laugh but it's cool, believe me I am laughing myself.
    >
    > I had a huge fight with a relative thru email tonight and I used the "F"
    > word on many ocassions. I don't know if this person would or not, but if
    > they forwarded it to Yahoo would Yahoo close my account down?
    >
    > I didn't know if that worked the same way as point blank harassing someone,
    > or if they wouldn't care because I was actually having a discusion with a
    > family member that turned nasty.
    >
    > Any opinions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    If they shut you down for using that good old English word, I'd say
    "**** 'em."

    --
    "Take your business elsewhere."

    SgtMinor, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Sseadoubleyou

    george Guest

    The only way that yahoo shuts down accounts is that you slander them or
    abuse their email services, such as, spamming people.

    chris

    george, Jan 5, 2005
  6. Sseadoubleyou

    Richard Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:47:28 -0500 Sseadoubleyou wrote:

    > I use Yahoo mail (I upgraded to premium) and have a question, it might
    > make
    > you laugh but it's cool, believe me I am laughing myself.

    > I had a huge fight with a relative thru email tonight and I used the
    > "F"
    > word on many ocassions. I don't know if this person would or not, but
    > if
    > they forwarded it to Yahoo would Yahoo close my account down?

    > I didn't know if that worked the same way as point blank harassing
    > someone,
    > or if they wouldn't care because I was actually having a discusion with
    > family member that turned nasty.

    > Any opinions?

    > Thanks.

    What they'll get is a long winded stock response basically stating, we
    don't care.
    Yahoo isn't about to close any account based simply on the use of a little
    profanity.
    Now if it was on the "threatening side", yeah then maybe they might close
    it.
    But hey, no big deal. Just sign up and get another account.

    Richard, Jan 5, 2005
  7. No, no threats just the f word lol, thanks.

    Sseadoubleyou, Jan 5, 2005
  8. If you said the F word on AOL, it would get you TOS'd:)

    AOL doesn't believe in any laws:)

    Sseadoubleyou, Jan 5, 2005
  9. Yeah, no threats just a bad mouth:) I wouldn't want a new account, I want
    the name I have, thats what I was worried about.

    Sseadoubleyou, Jan 5, 2005
  10. Sseadoubleyou

    Duck Ducking Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:49:41 -0500, "Sseadoubleyou"
    <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

    >If you said the F word on AOL, it would get you TOS'd:)
    >
    >AOL doesn't believe in any laws:)

    Surely his would rate as a reason to use the word?

    Duck Ducking, Jan 5, 2005