    --
    NMCI Support Analyst
    Soon to be MCP and MCDST
    Cruwl, Nov 2, 2006

  2. Cruwl

    Racefan3231 Guest

    You will need to know a little bit of both, with emphasis on the Category
    view.

    I don't suggest you memorize the views, but get to know which items from the
    Classic view are in the Category view.
    --
    Jerold

    Racefan3231, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Cruwl

    Scuba_Dave Guest

    Great, our work uses Classic view exclusively :)

    Scuba_Dave, Nov 2, 2006
  4. Cruwl

    Cruwl Guest

    Scuba im in the same boat, thats why i asked :)
    --
    NMCI Support Analyst
    Soon to be MCP and MCDST

    Cruwl, Nov 2, 2006
  5. Honestly, as long as you know that you can accomplish a majority of the
    maintenance/troubleshooting thru the Control Panel you will do fine. As
    an example, if you wanted to access "Computer Management", savvy users
    would simply right click on My Computer and select Manage. But Microsoft
    tends to want you to know that you go to the Control Panel to access it.
    As well as changing Network Setting, Display Properties, etc...

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    CIW Certified Instructor

    Michael D. Alligood, Nov 3, 2006
  6. Cruwl

    Scuba_Dave Guest

    I think it's more of a matter of being able to reply/answer a question with a
    specific method of achieving the result required. Haing worked with XP since
    it came out there is very little that I can't do or troubelshoot with the OS.
    But being able to work with the OS, and being able to convert that knowledge
    to a test geared towards specific answers on a specific method - are 2
    different things
    With Corporate America, troubleshooting is now becoming a past-time
    We do not troubleshoot to any high degree and in fact it is "against" policy
    to do so. If there is a problem with a PC, we are required to re-image the PC.
    The categories are fairly straight forward in their groupings.
    The problem might arise if asked what specifc items are under a certain
    category
    Or if you were required to list the process of completing a task that
    involved the category view. I don't think it's major problem
    You don't have to know it all, but you do know to need enough to pass the
    test.
    Just passing has never been quite good enough for me. I would be very
    unhappy to "pass" with a score in the 700's

    Scuba_Dave, Nov 3, 2006
  7. A perfect illustration of my point. :)

    Michael D. Alligood

    Michael D. Alligood, Nov 4, 2006