    displayed in the preview pane below, but gifs don't. Is there
    a way to view them like this instead of having to save them
    first? TIA

    fred, Apr 9, 2005

  2. fred wrote:

    > I use Xnews and when I click on a jpg image post, the image is
    > displayed in the preview pane below, but gifs don't. Is there
    > a way to view them like this instead of having to save them
    > first? TIA

    1. You're using a three-year-old version of Xnews. Might want to
    update.

    2. I believe it only decodes jpg on the fly.

    3. As the documentation notes, news.software.readers is the de facto
    support group for Xnews; might want to make a note of that for next
    time.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 9, 2005

  3. fred

    fred Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > fred wrote:
    >
    >> I use Xnews and when I click on a jpg image post, the

    image is
    >> displayed in the preview pane below, but gifs don't. Is

    there
    >> a way to view them like this instead of having to save

    them
    >> first? TIA

    > 1. You're using a three-year-old version of Xnews. Might

    want to
    > update.

    I got this version free and have so much money I can't even
    pay attention.

    > 2. I believe it only decodes jpg on the fly.

    That's what I thought.

    > 3. As the documentation notes, news.software.readers is the

    de facto
    > support group for Xnews; might want to make a note of that

    for next
    > time.

    I'll take a look at the group, if I get it
    Thanks for the help

    fred, Apr 9, 2005
  4. fred wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> fred wrote:

    >>> I use Xnews and when I click on a jpg image post, the

    > image is
    >>> displayed in the preview pane below, but gifs don't. Is

    > there
    >>> a way to view them like this instead of having to save

    > them
    >>> first? TIA

    >> 1. You're using a three-year-old version of Xnews. Might

    > want to
    >> update.

    > I got this version free and have so much money I can't even
    > pay attention.

    All versions of Xnews are free. It's freeware.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 9, 2005