    too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
    Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
    if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?
    Joe, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Joe

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:29:46 -1000, Joe wrote:

    > I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
    > too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
    > Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
    > if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

    Yes / 6 months
    Meat Plow, Feb 3, 2006

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    >On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:29:46 -1000, Joe wrote:
    >
    >> I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
    >> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
    >> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
    >> if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

    >Yes / 6 months

    My aim was off a bit and the question was supposed to land in
    alt.home.repair, Thanks for the reply.
    Joe, Feb 3, 2006
  4. Joe

    Plato Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
    > too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
    > Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
    > if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

    Good advice.

    --
    http://www.kissmyip.com/
    Plato, Feb 3, 2006
  5. Joe

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:29:46 -1000, Joe <> wrote:

    >I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
    >too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
    >Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
    >if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

    Petrol tends to lose the more volatile components as it just sits
    there. If the container were compeletely airtight, this should not
    happen though.

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Feb 3, 2006
  6. Joe

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:05:18 -1000, Joe wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:29:46 -1000, Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
    >>> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
    >>> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
    >>> if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

    >>Yes / 6 months

    > My aim was off a bit and the question was supposed to land in
    > alt.home.repair, Thanks for the reply.

    Heh, anything goes here in 24hour.
    Meat Plow, Feb 4, 2006
  7. Joe

    Richard Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
    > too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
    > Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
    > if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

    My chainsaw manual reccomends not using gas that has been in storage for
    more than 3 months and to drain the chainsaw fuel tank if unused for that
    time.
    Richard, Feb 5, 2006
  8. Joe

    Rosco Guest

    Richard cried out

    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >>I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting
    >>around
    >> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
    >> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke
    >> oil and if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

    > My chainsaw manual reccomends not using gas that has been in
    > storage for more than 3 months and to drain the chainsaw fuel tank
    > if unused for that time.

    I screwed up the carb on a riding mower (regular gas, not two cycle)
    two winters in a row by leaving gas in it for a long time without
    using it. The gas carmelized inside the carb basically causing me to
    have to take it down to have it thouroughy cleaned (pretty much
    rebuilt) stay-bill helps!
    Rosco, Feb 5, 2006
  9. On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:12:03 +0000, Rosco wrote:

    > I screwed up the carb on a riding mower (regular gas, not two cycle)
    > two winters in a row by leaving gas in it for a long time without
    > using it. The gas carmelized inside the carb basically causing me to
    > have to take it down to have it thouroughy cleaned (pretty much
    > rebuilt) stay-bill helps!

    How long did you let it sit unused, that allowed that to happen?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 5, 2006
  10. Joe

    Rosco Guest

    Blinky the Shark cried out

    > On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:12:03 +0000, Rosco wrote:
    >
    >> I screwed up the carb on a riding mower (regular gas, not two
    >> cycle) two winters in a row by leaving gas in it for a long time
    >> without using it. The gas carmelized inside the carb basically
    >> causing me to have to take it down to have it thouroughy cleaned
    >> (pretty much rebuilt) stay-bill helps!

    > How long did you let it sit unused, that allowed that to happen?

    dont remember exactly, i know that the first time part of the steering
    broke mid summer didnt fix it for probably about a year lol, dont ask i
    used to procrastinate, the second time something funky happend to the
    transaxle, had to have it rebuilt both times it was down for more than
    just a few months
    Rosco, Feb 5, 2006