    Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?

    The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.

    Any help appreciated.

    ^^artnada^^, Aug 17, 2006

  2. ^^artnada^^

    Guest

    On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:30:38 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    <> wrote:

    >I have just purchased a "Freetalk" box and it is currently connected to my
    >router via a switch. I have registered my Freetalk MAC address and serial
    >number, and am waiting for the activation email.
    >
    >Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?
    >
    >The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.
    >
    >Any help appreciated.

    Had two boxes for nearly a year now with no ports configered and both
    lines working perfectly just as they did stright out of the box apart
    from giving them their own IP's .

    , Aug 17, 2006

  3. ^^artnada^^

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:30:38 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have just purchased a "Freetalk" box and it is currently connected to
    >> my
    >> router via a switch. I have registered my Freetalk MAC address and serial
    >> number, and am waiting for the activation email.
    >>
    >> Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?
    >>
    >> The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.
    >>

    > Had two boxes for nearly a year now with no ports configered and both
    > lines working perfectly just as they did stright out of the box apart
    > from giving them their own IP's .

    ok ta. Just waiting for my activation email.

    ^^artnada^^, Aug 17, 2006
  4. ^^artnada^^

    Andy Lord Guest

    ^^artnada^^ wrote:
    > I have just purchased a "Freetalk" box and it is currently connected to my
    > router via a switch. I have registered my Freetalk MAC address and serial
    > number, and am waiting for the activation email.
    >
    > Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?
    >
    > The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    I set one up a couple of months ago and I think we gave up doing it how
    I wanted it due to poor documentation and the poor call quality
    achieved. In the end we put it between the cable-modem and the router
    and achieved perfect call quality - not an option though if it's a ADSL
    Modem/router. I seem to remember that it took a few reboots of all 3
    devices, with a 2 hour tea break in-between before everything settled
    down. In particular ISTR there was some sort of odd DNS problem that
    affected web browsing that we never really solved but seemed to resolve
    itself after a few reboots.

    I was at the site on Monday and there's been no problems since last
    time I was there.

    Andy Lord, Aug 17, 2006
  5. ^^artnada^^

    Andy Lord Guest

    Andy Lord, Aug 17, 2006
  6. ^^artnada^^

    Andy Lord Guest

    Andy Lord, Aug 17, 2006
  7. ^^artnada^^

    Al Guest

    On 17 Aug 2006 11:06:35 -0700, Andy Lord wrote:

    >I set one up a couple of months ago and I think we gave up doing it ...

    Three times, I see.

    Al, Aug 17, 2006
  8. ^^artnada^^

    Nick Guest

    "Andy Lord" <> wrote in message

    > ^^artnada^^ wrote:
    > > wrote:

    serial

    > > > Had two boxes for nearly a year now with no ports configered and both
    > > > lines working perfectly just as they did stright out of the box apart
    > > > from giving them their own IP's .

    > > ok ta. Just waiting for my activation email.

    > ^^artnada^^ wrote:
    > > I have just purchased a "Freetalk" box and it is currently connected to

    my
    > > router via a switch. I have registered my Freetalk MAC address and

    serial
    > > number, and am waiting for the activation email.
    > >
    > > Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?
    > >
    > > The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.
    > >
    > > Any help appreciated.

    > I set one up a couple of months ago and I think we gave up doing it how
    > I wanted it due to poor documentation and the poor call quality
    > achieved. In the end we put it between the cable-modem and the router
    > and achieved perfect call quality - not an option though if it's a ADSL
    > Modem/router. I seem to remember that it took a few reboots of all 3
    > devices, with a 2 hour tea break in-between before everything settled
    > down. In particular ISTR there was some sort of odd DNS problem that
    > affected web browsing that we never really solved but seemed to resolve
    > itself after a few reboots.
    >
    > I was at the site on Monday and there's been no problems since last
    > time I was there.

    Um? Takes 3 attempts to post a message, would you trust anything
    more complicated to him!

    Nick, Aug 18, 2006
  9. ^^artnada^^

    Guest

    On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:03:49 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:30:38 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have just purchased a "Freetalk" box and it is currently connected to
    >>> my
    >>> router via a switch. I have registered my Freetalk MAC address and serial
    >>> number, and am waiting for the activation email.
    >>>
    >>> Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?
    >>>
    >>> The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated.
    >>>

    >> Had two boxes for nearly a year now with no ports configered and both
    >> lines working perfectly just as they did stright out of the box apart
    >> from giving them their own IP's .

    >ok ta. Just waiting for my activation email.

    Looks like they are slowing down mine was there more or less
    instantly' but it don't surprise me really considering the huge number
    of very satisfied customers they must have by now .

    , Aug 18, 2006
  10. ^^artnada^^

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:03:49 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> Had two boxes for nearly a year now with no ports configered and both
    >>> lines working perfectly just as they did stright out of the box apart
    >>> from giving them their own IP's .

    >> ok ta. Just waiting for my activation email.
    >>

    > Looks like they are slowing down mine was there more or less
    > instantly' but it don't surprise me really considering the huge number
    > of very satisfied customers they must have by now .

    Got it after about 45mins-ish. Must say, the quality is superb. My lad
    thinks it's "mint" that he has his own phone in his room now.

    ^^artnada^^, Aug 18, 2006